As an Instrumentation and Controls Technician, you will be responsible for the maintenance and calibration of all instrumentation and control system equipment within the onsemi Gresham Oregon facility.
This position will:
- Support the maintenance, operation and repair of all systems, subsystems, and equipment within the onsemi,
Gresham Oregon facility.
- Ensure all assigned equipment and associated subsystems are operated and maintained in the following manner:
- All instrument calibrations are performed at the appropriate interval and is completed by the assigned due date.
- All equipment remains in its designed and/or validated state at all times.
- All equipment operation is in accordance with Federal, State, Local and On Semiconductor regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Ensure / maintain all assigned equipment areas in a constant state of inspection readiness; specifically, but not limited to the following:
- Personnel and Equipment Safety.
- Compliance to onsemi requirements.
- Continuously evaluate the operation of all systems and associated subsystems at On Semiconductor Gresham. Identify specific process improvement needs and provide recommendations for system upgrades.
- Identify training deficiencies, provide recommendations for training and where applicable provide training.
- Continuously evaluate all Standard Operating Procedures, engineering drawings and various controlled documentation for accuracy and applicability.
- Continuously evaluate maintenance/calibration practices to eliminate nonproductive activities and implement productivity enhancements.
- Perform Confined Space Entry on an as needed basis.
- Perform troubleshooting of electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical equipment.
- Complete preventive maintenance and assigned paperwork in a timely manner following all documentation guidelines.
- Work in close proximity to hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids and gasses, high pressure and low temperature liquids and gasses, and moving machinery/equipment.
- Coordinate contractors who perform repairs, modifications, and installations of instrumentation, control systems, and associated equipment.
- Provide diagnostics, repairs and modifications of industrial process control instrumentation.
- Assist with design and perform detailed evaluations of new instrumentation and process control systems.
- Perform instrument calibrations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Prepare and organize technical documentation and operational procedures.
- Work directly with Facilities, Engineering and various organizations on new system installations or modifications and maximize equipment availability.
- Completion of, or in the process of, an approved 2-year instrumentation or industrial Engineering curriculum at a technical school, or an AA/AS Degree in a related science or engineering major.
- Thorough knowledge of the fundamental operating principles of industrial process instrumentation systems.
- Thorough knowledge of ISA principals and standards.
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy
use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power management, analog, sensors, logic, timing, connectivity, discrete, SoC and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace and defense applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, a robust compliance and ethics program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets
Contact Person: Patt Johnson
Location: Gresham, OR
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903