Service Center Technician $5,000 Sign on Bonus!!
We are looking for a skilled Service Center Technician to join our team specializing in service for our Sales and Service business. In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Completes repairs and maintenance on chassis products in a service workshop under supervision
- Applies documented procedures and policies to complete basic repairs and schedule maintenance, including preparing required parts and tools
- Disassemble, clean and inspect chassis and /or chassis components
- Assists with completion required documentation, such as work completed documentation, time sheets, warranty claims and quality forms, via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
- To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Minimal level of work shop experience required
- Basic level knowledge of and/or experience with chassis products
- This position requires a technical/trade school degree from an accredited program or equivalent work experience.
- The level for this position will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and skill set.
Qualifications for different technician levels:
- Technician Level I: Limited relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on a minimal number of products in-scope for technician at this location; primarily engaged in maintenance or basic repairs/diagnostics; requires direct supervision and review of workmanship quality.
- Technician Level II: Some relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on an intermediate number of products in-scope for technician at this location; primarily engaged in moderately complex maintenance and repair; some exposure to moderate or complex diagnostics, requires limited direct supervision, may provide basic training or guidance to new technicians.
- Technician Level III: Significant relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on most or all of products in-scope for technician at this location; frequently engaged in complex diagnosis and repair; requires minimal to no supervision; ability to effectively train and guide less experienced technicians of varying skillsets.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Apprentice Trained Technician (Preferred).
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution.
- Locally valid driving permit
- This position will be part of an FTA pool.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
The regular schedule for this position will be 7:00am to 4:00pm Mon-Fri. This schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
Compensation and Benefits Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
This position will require a completed DMV driving report but no Driver Qualification file.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
EVERY EMPLOYEE, EVERY COMMUNITY
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Primary Location United States-Washington-Yakima-US, WA, Yakima, Cummins Northwest
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Technician
Job Posting Nov 30, 2021, 2:39:34 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 210007YR
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://cummins.jobs/yakima-wa/service-center-technician-5000-sign-on-bonus/ED625E88CC404121B506C53FD35054F5/job/
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903