Employer: State of Oregon
Initial Posting Date: 12/15/2021
Application Deadline: 01/03/2022
Agency: Judicial Department
Salary Range: $4,967 - $8,089
Position Type: Employee
Position Title: Information Technology Specialist 2
VACCINATION POLICY UPDATE: The policy of the Oregon Judicial Department requires all new employees, rehired employees and new temporary employees to initiate COVID-19 vaccination prior to hire and complete their COVID-19 vaccination series no later than 30 days post-hire, unless the employee receives a medical or religious exception/accommodation. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception/accommodation prior to commencing employment. OJD requires additional safety measures for unvaccinated employees that may include bi-weekly testing. For more information email OJD.email@example.com.
- Workday times out after approximately 15 minutes of inactivity.
- REQUIRED: A cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the Minimum Qualifications, Special Qualifications, and Requested Skills and Attributes listed below. It is important that you attach a cover letter and provide examples of when you performed similar work to what is in the Requested Skills and Attributes. This means that a generic cover letter you have used to apply for other jobs is likely not enough to get you an interview. We read every letter, and we are looking for candidates that follow these instructions and provide the information we need to make a decision. Prepare your cover letter before starting your Workday application.
- REQUIRED: a completed work history, either through your completion of the Job History (internal candidate) or Work Experience (external candidate) portion of your Workday profile, OR by attaching an updated resume.
- Your cover letter and work history must demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications, Special Qualifications, and Requested Skills and Attributes, listed below.
- You must follow all Instructions to be considered for this position.
- Failure to provide a completed work history and cover letter may result in your removal from consideration.
The Technical Support Unit at the Clackamas County Circuit Court is hiring an Information Technology Specialist 2 (ITS2).
As an Information Technology Specialist 2…
You will be part of a team responsible for resolving technically complex problems. Occasionally you will be required to serve as a liaison to third party IT departments, the county, or our central technology department, Enterprise Services Technology Division (ETSD). You will respond to staff requests for technical assistance and training. This will include analyzing, diagnosing and resolving all levels of user technical problems as well as installing and configuring workstations, applications, and printers while maintaining documentation and tracking inventory.
You will assist with systems maintenance and management. You will perform server backups, log vendor-provided maintenance. You will also develop, process or maintain batch job’s and perform minor scripting. You will setup production processes in accordance with established guidelines. You may function as a system security officer and provide system security training and respond to anti-virus alerts. You will also aid in user account creation including Active Directory, Microsoft Teams, Webex, email and other third-party applications.
What can help you get a chance to interview?
It’s important to know your application will be read by an actual person, not a computer algorithm. When we read your cover letter, we are looking to see if you are writing to us, at OJD, and whether you have addressed the Requested Skills and Attributes listed below. Using a generic cover letter is likely not going to get you an interview, so please take the time needed to personalize your cover letter.
Instructions for Cover Letter, Work History or Resume
This recruitment requires a cover letter and complete work history that addresses the Requested Skills and Attributes. To be considered for this position, you must follow these instructions:
Attach your updated resume in the Resume / CV / Cover Letter section of the application.
Complete the Job History/Work Experience portion of your Workday profile if you are not using an updated resume.
- Attach your cover letter (not to exceed two pages) in the Resume / CV / Cover Letter section of the application.
- Address the cover letter “To the Hiring Manager.”
- In the body of your cover letter, please include responses to all 6 (six) of the Requested Skills and Attributes (see below).
All application materials will be evaluated for consistency of information, and your letter will be evaluated for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and language use in addition to demonstrated experience.
(These must be evident in your resume for full consideration.)
The qualified candidate must have a bachelor's degree in information technology, business administration, mathematics, engineering, or a related field that involves implementation of information technology systems, application development, or systematic problem-solving techniques.
A minimum of one (1) year of increasingly responsible technical experience that typically supports the knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements listed for this position.
Any combination of education and experience equal to four (4) years of experience that support the knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
(These must be verifiable in your application.)
Requested Skills and Attributes
(These must be verifiable in your application and addressed in your cover letter for full consideration.)
- Experience working with a wide variety of computer applications and processes (e.g. Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, and Apple iOS, Active Directory, Video Conference Applications).
- Experience presenting information clearly and logically, orally and in writing.
- Experience explaining technical issues in plain language.
- Experience developing and maintaining working relationships with a wide variety of individuals.
- Experience providing customer service both in-person and via telephone or email.
- Experience providing IT support services to a variety of skill levels for end-users across multiple locations.
- This is a full-time position, and the work schedule is 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. It is eligible for overtime compensation for hours worked more than 40 per work week.
- Occasional after-hours, overtime, or weekend work may be required.
- Occasional travel to alternate court locations and other off-site locations is required as needed for work and training
- Occasional work in the server room, which may be cool and noisy.
- Frequent phone and in-person contact with judges, judicial staff, and people from diverse backgrounds.
- Frequent long periods of sitting and/or standing.
- Lifting up to 65 pounds of office materials or equipment may be required, sometimes overhead.
Criminal Background Check
You will be subject to a criminal background check if you are a finalist. Adverse results are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may result in disqualification if the circumstances are directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
United States Employment Eligibility
OJD does not offer visa sponsorships. If you are hired, you will be required to fill out the US Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming you are able to work in the US.
Apply now if you are interested in this or future vacancies. This job announcement may be used to fill future vacancies in this class of work.
Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given preference in the recruitment process. To receive preference, veterans must attach the appropriate documentation after they receive an email in their Workday in box requesting the information to verify eligibility. The action item, asking veterans to attach their documentation, will arrive after they have submitted their initial application materials. Visit the Oregon job opportunities Veterans web page for additional details, information, and resources.
Because of the Oregon Judicial Department's role in providing justice and upholding the rule of law, employees of the Department are required to meet the highest standards of professional conduct and ethics while on the job, and also to maintain those same high standards when taking actions in their personal lives that could reflect on the Department. As an employee, you will be expected to preserve the confidentiality of information received in the course of OJD employment.
As an employer, the Oregon Judicial Department complies with Oregon’s pay equity law. We determine salary from applicable professional experience and education. For more information on pay equity, click here.
Click here to access information specific to Oregon Judicial Department employee benefits.
Questions and Support
If you require an alternate format to complete the application process, call 503-986-5930, or TTY: Oregon Relay Service 711 for the hearing impaired. Be prepared to describe the alternate format needed.
Workday related information and resources are available at https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/index.aspx.
For questions about a specific Oregon Judicial Department job posting, call 503-986-5930.
THE OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO WORK FORCE DIVERSITY.
Location: Oregon City, OR
Application Method: Online: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Oregon-City--Judicial--Clackamas-County-Circuit-Court/Information-Technology-Specialist-2_REQ-83242-1
Base Pay: $4,967 - $8,089/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903