The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Under general direction, this role performs a variety of job responsibilities which may include delivery of fertilizer and chemical products to customers from the Unit office, equipment and plant maintenance work, and fertilizer blending.
- May assist with recordkeeping related to warehouse/inventory responsibilities.
- Performs varied responsibilities such as: equipment and plant maintenance including welding, pump and engine overhauls, painting, and general housekeeping responsibilities; loading and delivering fertilizer and chemicals to customers; operating equipment to blend fertilizer; monitoring product application by calculating amounts, calibrating equipment, controlling application rates, and cleaning and storing equipment after application process; receiving and unloading product and performing warehouse inventory and storage functions.
- Miscellaneous duties such as assisting with special projects, attending training sessions, providing back-up when needed, etc.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years related experience and/or training
Knowledge of basic farm equipment and operation. Skills: Ability to do a variety of tasks in succession, i.e., blending products together, loading a truck, and driving the truck to a farm.
Job Requisition ID: 5354
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Location(s): SGS Retail - Halsey
Country: United States
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Halsey, OR
Application Method: Online: https://careers.simplot.com/job/Halsey-Class-A-CDL-Truck-DriverOperations-Support-2-Halsey-SGS-AB-a-OR-97348/762787900/
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903