Employer: Lamb Weston
Title: Instrumentation/Controls Tech 1
Location: Boardman, OR
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The Instrumentation/Controls Tech1 requires an advance understanding of electrical systems, electrical motor control systems, and process control instrumentation. This includes, but is not limited to, 480 Volt 3 Phase motor switchgear, 120 Volt control systems, PLC systems, and 4-20ma analog instrumentation. The Instrumentation/Controls Tech 1 is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of plant equipment as directed by the Sr. Mfg. systems Engineer and Instrumentation/controls Tech lead.
* Install, repair and calibrate instrumentation for process measurements such as temperature, pressure, flow, level, weight, ect.
* Install, repair, and configure process control such as variable speed AC drives, analog valve positioners, PLCs, and I/O modules.
* Install conduit and wiring as needed for motors, lighting, and control devices such a valves, limit switches, photocells, ect.
* Use a PC and required software to view PLC ladder logic for troubleshooting and interpreting equipment operation and control requirements.
*Must have a general maintenance knowledge and ability to work in any area including helping a mechanic or performing mechanic duties if needed or assigned by supervisory personnel.
*Must be able to spot problems with mechanical and electrical systems and affect corrective repairs.
*Must keep operator and maintenance logs and be able to become proficient at using the plant computer maintenance management system (CMMS) to write orders. order parts, complete PM routes, and enter equipment history.
*Must perform corrective or emergency maintenance checks and correct problems in a timely manner to minimize line downtimes.
*Execute preventative maintenance activities as assigned. Help develop effective work plans and enhanced preventative maintenance plans.
*Must have a complete understanding of sensitivity setting adjustments and be able to make changes under all circumstance and situations.
*Must exhibit mechanical and electrical aptitude, capable of working independently and in a group setting.
*Must be proficient in all sanitation practices and food safety practices.
* Must have the ability to work weekends and/or shift work with a strong work ethic and employment history.
*Must have the ability to work overtime, any shift work any or all days of the week in accordance with production and maintenance schedule.
*Must have the ability to work well with others and maintain a positive attitude.
*Will be required to frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
*Work with loud noise, strong fumes, airborne particles, and hot/humid/cold environments.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
Must have the ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Must have the ability to write clear, concise, and legible correspondence. Must have the ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one an small group situations to vendors and other team members. Must have the ability to understand equipment drawings, schematics, diagrams and operating instructions.
- Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-221805
Time Type: Full time
Location: Boardman, OR
Application Method: Online: https://lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Lamb_External/details/Instrumentation-Controls-Tech-1_Req-221805
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903