Terminal and Pipelines (T&P) strategy is to create integrated logistics value for bp by maintaining high pipeline, terminal and transportation availability, storage flexibility for trading. It is a pipeline transportation company that owns and operates liquid pipelines and terminal facilities throughout the United States. Employing more than 1200 employees, T&P safely transports millions of barrels per day of oil, refined products, natural gas liquids, carbon dioxide and chemicals throughout the US. The Terminal facilities are light-oil terminals, most of which produce custom blends of gasoline. Additionally, T&P interacts with a number of bp segments including Upstream, Integrated Supply & Trading, and Downstream as well as third party shippers. T&P is also a partner in several joint ventures. In support of these interactions, we maintain a strong business relationship with internal and external customers.
The Electrical & Mechanical (E&M 2) position provides maintenance work and field operations for bp US Terminal and Pipelines (T&P). The E&M 2 role is a multi-craft position focused primarily on electrical and mechanical duties. This position will also be required to perform Operations and Damage Prevention duties. Individual will play a key role in assurance of product quality and protecting our pipeline system from 3rd party damage.
• Successfully and effectively follow all health, safety, security, environmental (HSSE) and operational and maintenance practices and procedures.
• Be motivated and accountable for achieving long-term and day- to-day goals and tasks.
• Effectively manage time and resources and ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate and transfer work related knowledge to others.
• Take initiative to continually develop skills and knowledge which includes additional education and/or training.
• Solve problems, overcome obstacles, and make good decisions.
• Work effectively on diverse teams.
• Good oral/written communication skills and communicate effectively with all levels both internally and externally.
• Value and practice continuous learning.
• Demonstrate leadership skills.
• Exhibit a high level of initiative
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed but not limited to eye/face protection, flame retardant clothing (FRC), foot protection, gloves, hearing protection, head protection, etc.
• Work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as necessary and is subject to callouts including response to emergency situations.
• Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
Essential experience and job requirements:
• 3+ years of mechanical or electrical experience or a 2-year technical degree in electrical, electronic instrumentation or equivalent.
• Will be working on 480 volts and below
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment as assigned.
• Conduct and document DOT equipment inspections.
• Use MAXIMO, CBT, MS Office, and other applications.
• Damage prevention.
• Maintain electrical switchgear.
• Maintain and repair pumps and motors including PD, centrifugal and gear pumping equipment.
• Verify instrumentation loop circuits.
• Troubleshoot and repair manual and automatic tank gauging.
• Maintain and repair electronic-control valves, electrical valve actuators and mechanical valves.
• Installation and maintenance of multiple equipment associated with petroleum liquids and/or gas terminals and pipeline.
• Meet all DOT requirements, including Operator Qualifications.
• Participate in all emergency response training, including Hazwoper, RCRA, respiratory and other as required.
• Safe and proper procedures, including lock out tag out procedures, to preform normal maintenance for running scrapers in a petroleum system; experience with PLC’s, including programming, installation, maintenance, and repair.
• Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
• Strong experience in Electrical and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming or pump and motor repair.
• Computer skills (including MS Office Suites).
• Valid Driver’s License is required.
• Driving safety is mandatory at all times and a condition of employment in accordance with bp Pipelines Vehicle Safety Policy.
• Must be committed to learning new skills and complete the E&M training curriculum required for the assigned job classification level within the outlined timeframe.
• Ability to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) Card if required by local operations.
Desirable criteria and qualifications:
• Post High School education in technical crafts or work experience in job duties described above preferred.
• Pipeline or other petroleum industry experience.
• Proficient with medium voltage equipment.
• Manufacturers’ training in PLC.
• DOT Operator Qualifications certification.
Type of role:
Experienced / Professional Hire
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Other Requirements (e.g., Travel, Location):
Must be willing to travel to other locations within the district’s geographical area of responsibility, depending on workload and business needs.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which bp must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, bp is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
bp is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
Contact Person: Patrycja Bartela
Phone: 708 580 1736
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903