Employer: City of Seattle
The Finance and Administrative Services Department of the City of Seattle is recruiting for an experienced journeyman plumber with expertise in commercial maintenance and repair. This position maintains around 100 buildings, including fire and police stations, senior centers, City Hall, and the Justice Center. You would work with a highly skilled team led by a crew chief.
The City of Seattle offers some of the best benefits (Download PDF reader) in Washington, including incredible work-life balance, opportunities for training and career advancement, and a pension. We are a collaborative workplace with collective accountability to promote equity, respect, civility, integrity, inclusiveness and fairness (Download PDF reader) for all employees. Want to earn a competitive wage while serving the community in an organization that is passionate about customer service? We would love to connect with you.
- Install, maintain and repair plumbing fixtures and related components including but not limited to: water supply and waste lines, gas lines, flush valves, faucets, sinks, urinals, toilets, sensor faucets and refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, garbage disposals and hot water tanks as well as back flow preventer testing.
- Estimate labor and materials to determine job scope.
- Perform tasks in accordance with applicable codes, specifications, and standards.
- Exercise sound judgment to make appropriate selections of guidelines.
- Receive reviews, prepare and/or submit various records and reports, including work orders, time sheets, diagnostic reports, parts requests, specifications, accident reports, etc.
- Operate a variety of equipment, such as a truck, drain cleaner, computer, electronic pipe locator, power tools, hand tools, diagnostic tools, etc.
- Communicate with vendors for purchasing materials and parts and with departmental staff for exchanging information.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies on a rotating and voluntary basis.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Current Washington State Journeyman Plumbers license; and
- Four (4) years' working experience in the plumbing and pipe fitting trade under a qualified journey level supervisor or completion of an accepted plumber apprenticeship program (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background); and
- Valid Washington State driver's license or ability to obtain one by the start date.
- Experience in commercial maintenance and repair
- Backflow license preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Required to stand, walk or bend for extended periods of time. Required to lift objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds. May be required to handle or work with toxic/hazardous substances. Required to work outdoors in all types of weather. May be required to work over water, on ladders, scaffolds or in confined/cramped spaces.
Finalists will be required to undergo a background check, driving record, and pre-placement physical exam.
The current shift schedule is four (4),10-hour days per week. This schedule is subject to change with notice.
Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check, driving record and a pre-employment physical exam.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/jobs/3345347/plumber?keywords=plumber&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $42.95 - $46.38/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903