Employer: Swedish Medical Center
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Medical Assistant ( 1 FTE, Day SHIFT) to work in Code Triage at Swedish Medical Group in Seattle, WA. Swedish Medical Group now offers a one time $5,000 Sign-on Bonus to Certified Medical Assistants newly joining SMG!*
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system .
We are seeking a Medical Assistant II who will work under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients. A Medical Assistant II perform all aspect of the MA I role and is fully competent in the clinical needs/functions for assigned clinic/location of work. An MA II is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
In this position you will:
- Perform all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as required for a Medical Assistant I.
- Ability to perform all front and back-office skills as appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Perform increasingly advanced procedures with validated competencies.
- Provide accurate, complete, legible, and timely documentation of all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follow correct procedure for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean, and sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (autoclaving) and maintain equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for practitioner and patient needs.
- Demonstrate a commitment to education and sharing of knowledge. Assist in orientation of new team members and serves as a role model of best practices to others
- Provide open and timely communication and information to patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Provide MA administrative and clinical support required to deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care strategy.
- Consistently meet skill-based competency expectations established for the organization
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with anyone outside the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants, or an equivalent combination of coursework, experience/training to qualify to sit for the WA State Certification exam
- Active MA-C in state of WA
- Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited
- Six (6) months Healthcare experience
- Six (6) months Medical Assistant experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistant, or an equivalent combination of coursework, experience/training to qualify to sit for a National Certification exam
- Active National certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant
About the Swedish Medical Group:
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driver division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across 108 primary care and specialty care clinics.
At Swedish, we are passionate about healthcare for our caregivers. Full-time caregivers (0.75-1.0 FTE) who earn less than $60,000 per year will be offered the Swedish PPO Medical Plan with a $0 premium cost, including dependent coverage.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 318866
Location: Sammamish, WA
Application Method: Online: https://swedish.jobs/sammamish-wa/medical-assistant-ii-code-triage/176CAC86DDF2457E8A3779A6DAD96515/job/
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903