Employer: Virginia Mason Medical Center
Up to a $5,000 Sign on Bonus for qualifying new external Certified Medical Assistants
Lump sum payment within 30 days of start date
2 year commitment
Bonus amount prorated by FTE (min 0.6 FTE required)
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region's most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
Franciscan Medical Group, as part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, is currently seeking a full-time Clinic Medical Assistant for the Franciscan Family Medicine Clinic in Des Moines, WA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a team-based environment. No weekends or organizationally recognized holidays required.
About Your Position:
As a Medical Assistant, you will work as a member of a care team to provide care and support to patients under the direction of a physician or mid-level provider. Your daily responsibilities will include the following types of things:
- Greeting and preparing patients for their visit with the provider by obtaining and recording their vital signs and other information such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem
- Assisting with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures such as venous and capillary invasive procedures for blood draws, intradermal (including skin tests), subcutaneous and intramuscular injections
- Administering medications and vaccinations
- Managing patient flow, ensuring enough time for patient and family education
- Preparing and sterilizing instruments and maintaining equipment and patient care areas clean and orderly
- Scheduling patient appointments and other administrative duties as needed
- Actively participating in continuing education, required meetings and committees as requested
- May perform medical scribe duties under the direct supervision and review of the attending provider and in compliance with the FMG Medical Scribe Program Policy.
- High School Diploma (or GED equivalent) and completion of a Medical Assistant certification program at an accredited institution that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
- One year experience as a Medical Assistant preferred.
- Washington State Certification as a Medical Assistant-Certified.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Location: Des Moines, WA
Application Method: Online: https://seeker.worksourcewa.com/jobview/GetJob.aspx?JobID=234920824&JobTitle=Clinic+Medical+Assistant&isjs=2&q=medical+assistant&rad_units=miles&pp=25&nosal=true&vw=b&setype=2&jsrdt=29%2f09%2f2021+11%3a29%3a36&jsrdt=30%2f09%2f2021+11%3a30%3a09&jsrdt=31%2f09%2f2021+11%3a31%3a09&pade=&pade=&pade=&jpt=1
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903