Employer: Triumph Group
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The acceptable candidate shall be required to set up and operate some or all CNC and Manual OD and ID equipment with minimal supervision. Using a variety of 2-7 axis mills, lathes, mill-turns, live tooling lathes, hones, and grinding machines, be able to produce complex aircraft product / gears holding tolerances of .0001"-.0005” while maintaining proper documentation of SPC data and participating in Triumph Actuation Yakima’s certified operator program. Familiarity with the following a plus:
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Working knowledge of Inspection Devices and Instruments
• Inspection of work utilizing certified operator program.
• Ability to translate prints along with understanding of GD&T
• Basic understanding of shop math
• Ability to read CNC code and interact with machine control
• Perform critical measurements using supplied gauging
• Ability to utilize visual comparator
• Maintain proper paperwork associated with planned job
• Load / unload parts from precision grind machine
• Able to bend, stoop, stand, kneel, and lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
• Overtime generally required
• lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques beneficial.
• Min 3 to 5 years’ experience.
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.
Physical requirements of routine machine shop work as shown below, also:
• voice, vision, hearing, and dexterity.
• 8 hours/day standing or walking
Other functions (N=Never; O=Occasionally; F=Frequently; C=Constantly)
Climbing (O) Crouching (O) Grasping (C) Balancing (O)
Crawling (N) Overhead lifting (O) Bending (O) Reaching (F)
Work on Ladders (O) Stooping (O) Handling (C) Feeling (C)
Kneeling (N) Fine Manipulation (C) Keying (O)
Is also subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines
- Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
- Hazards due to airborne particles during grinding process
- Breathing fumes, dust, and mist
- Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.triumphgroup.com/job/Yakima-Machinist-3-WA-98903/763566000/
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903