Tesla is currently recruiting for a motivated HVAC/ Refrigeration Technician. This position will support the internal Facilities Team in Fremont, CA.
- Operate, diagnose, analyze and repair industrial HVAC equipment including: boilers, chillers, air handling units, VAV systems, hydronic systems, air compressors, air dryers and exhaust ventilation.
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC control and operating systems in addition to required calibrations as scheduled.
- Install or repair ductwork, refrigeration piping, air conditioning units and exhaust equipment.
- Capable of brazing, soldering and welding.
- BMS experience and familiarity with Automated Logic, Tridium and Trane controls systems.
- Makes periodic inspection of all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Monitor and escort sub-contractors to perform work.
- EPA Universal License
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an HVAC technician in industrial/commercial and/or lab/R&D environments.
- Associates Degree or Trade School preferred.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be familiar with HVAC and electrical codes.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Demonstrate technical ability in the installation, repair and maintenance of industrial HVAC systems.
- Self-directed with the ability to be resourceful, plan and organize work.
- Provide excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Professional demeanor with outstanding customer focus.
- Team player
- As a full time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Note: Candidates for Tesla HVAC Technician will contribute in day-to-day operations that may be outside of their normal skill set, such as restroom repair and training/exposure to work unfamiliar with the candidate.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).
Location: Fremont, CA
Application Method: Online: https://www.tesla.com/careers/search/job/hvac-technician-103482
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903