Employer: City of Everett
The City of Everett is accepting applications on an open/competitive basis for the Civil Service examination process for EQUIPMENT MECHANIC. There is currently one (1) vacancy on the night shift (4:00PM-12:30AM). Night shift is eligible for shift differential. Employees do not need to purchase tools for employment, the City of Everett supplies all tools needed.
This is journey-level work in the maintenance and repair of automotive and heavy-duty truck equipment.
The work involves responsibility for keeping automotive equipment in good running order and, when repairs are needed, returning the equipment to service quickly and economically. The work involves tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of automobiles, buses, light and heavy-duty trucks, back hoes tractors, patrol cars, graders, rollers, pumps, hydraulic lifts, sweepers, vactors, various water craft, and other assigned equipment. The work is performed under the general supervision of a shop supervisor, and is subject to inspection while in progress and upon completion.
For a full description of this position, please see the class specification on the City’s website.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- AA degree in Automobile/Diesel technology from an accredited school OR a minimum of two (2) years of journey-level knowledge in Diesel diagnostics and repair of heavy-duty trucks OR completion of a four-year Diesel apprenticeship program which includes journey-level knowledge in Diesel diagnostic and repair of heavy-duty trucks.
- Successful completion of required Automotive and Truck ASE tests within one year of employment.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Submission to a driving/accident records check.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire, a Washington State Driver License.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire, a valid Washington Commercial Driver License (CDL) with the necessary endorsements as prescribed by law.
- Obtain a City forklift certification within six (6) months of hire.
HOW TO APPLY
Application materials may be accessed via http://www.everettwa.gov/careers.
All applicants are required to complete and submit the following:
- The standard City of Everett Application Form.
- The Supplemental Application Form / Equipment Mechanic supplemental questionnaire.
- Applications must be submitted through the City’s online application system by 5:00 p.m. on December 31, 2021 to be considered.
LATE, INCOMPLETE, FAXED, OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- There will be a pre-screening of all applications.
- Responses to the supplemental questionnaire will be individually reviewed and evaluated (weighted 30%).
- Top-scoring applicants will be called to an oral panel interview (weighted 70%), tentatively scheduled during the first week of September.
- All vacancies in this job class will be filled from the ranked Civil Service register established from the examination process for 12 months.
- A passing grade of 70.00 or higher is required on all parts of the screening process for placement on the ranked Civil Service eligible register.
- The examination process is designed to sample and measure the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants claiming veterans’ preference points in accordance with RCW 41.04.010 as amended and meeting eligibility criteria must submit form DD214 or other official military separation documentation that clearly indicates an honorable discharge from military service on or before the date filing closes.
- Any position requiring a CDL, or the performance of a safety sensitive function will be subject to the City of Everett’s random Drug and Alcohol Policy, per Federal DOT regulations.
- Extensive background checks will be conducted.
- Hiring offers are contingent upon successful completion of a City-paid medical evaluation and drug screen.
- New hires begin employment at the first step of the salary range.
- This job classification is represented by Everett Municipal Employees Local 113, AFSCME.
Filing Opens: December 7, 2021
Filing Closes: December 31, 2021
Location: Everett, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/everettwa/jobs/3337637/equipment-mechanic?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed
Base Pay: $5,639 - $6,849/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903