Employer: Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary:
Assists with various activities in the accounting department, including review and approval of payroll data, general ledger account reconciliations, production cost accounting and preparation and dissemination of various regular financial reports (including ad hoc requests as needed) by performing the following duties.
- Performs intermediate level clerical accounting duties, requiring some analysis and individual judgment in the application of routine calculation, verification, and posting procedures to recurring assignments.
- Provide Support to Managers, Office Staff and hourly employees.
- Prepare & Report plant operational cost.
- Verify, balance, and reconcile various types of transactions.
- Process data and send invoices for accounts receivable.
- Collect information on new vendors to be added into the system.
- Verify and process payroll.
- Posts and balance subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepare, adjust, and close journal entries.
- Participates in safety and health focused improvements.
- Assists in preparing budgets and reports including estimates and forecasts. Assists with the monitoring, and regular testing of, general ledger and inventory transactions to ensure compliance with internal controls and company policies. Other duties as assigned.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associates degree (A. A.) with an emphasis in accounting, or 2+ years equivalent work experience.
- General understanding of basic accounting principles and processes
- Basic understanding of cost accounting principles
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
- Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-221695
Time Type: Full time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Lamb_External/details/Finance-Specialist-I_Req-221695
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903