Employer: Triumph Group
Job Title: Hand Finish-Deburr
Summary Independently performs a variety of manual finishing techniques to smooth and blend rough components to drawing or work order requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Setting up and operating a variety of hand tools, power tools, manual lathes, manual miles, hones, grit blasters, etc. to produce features on machined components.
• Using a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments that monitor and verify drawing/work order requirements are being met.
• Making standard shop computations relating to dimensions of features and tooling.
• Monitoring and verifying quality in accordance with manufacturing planning, sketches, quality plans, and engineering drawings.
• Meeting production deadlines by following manufacturing schedule and procedures
• Working with support resources and cell leaders to resolve production problems when they arise.
• Maintaining a safe working environment by adhering to safety policies, contributing to risk mitigation management teams, and keeping all work areas clean.
• Contributing to team effort by maintaining a positive attitude.
• Continuously striving to find ways to make manufacturing process more efficient and effective
• Observing and listening to machine/equipment operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools, following best machining practices.
• Cleaning machine, tooling, parts and performing machine TPM requirements.
• Contributing to the overall effectiveness of the machine shop through participation in FOD, 5S, TPM, PM, and Process Improvement programs.
• May train others on job tasks they are proficient in.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Certificate/Degree from educational/training program, trade school, or college in a related (industrial, manufacturing, etc) field.
• Exposure/Experience in manufacturing, industrial, or aerospace environment.
Basic understanding of the following preferred:
• Mechanical aptitude
• Hand tools and associated use of tools
• Precision measuring devices
• Part drawings/blueprints, dimensioning, and tolerancing
• Shop math
Must meet ITAR regulations regarding citizenship requirements.
Internal Candidate Guidelines:
Current employees interested in applying for this position should work with their supervisor to determine if they are eligible. Qualifications from above apply.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Physical requirements of routine machine shop work as shown below, also:
voice, vision, hearing, and dexterity.
8 hours/day standing or walking
Is Also Subject To:
High noise levels from operating machines
Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
Hazards due to airborne particles during grinding process
Breathing fumes, dust, and mist
Skin exposure to oils and cutting fluid
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.triumphgroup.com/search/?searchby=location&createNewAlert=false&q=&optionsFacetsDD_customfield2=&locationsearch=Yakima%2C+WA&geolocation=
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903