Employer: Astria Health Center
The Astria Health system, headquartered in the heart of the state of Washington’s wine country in the beautiful Yakima Valley, is the largest non-profit healthcare system based in Eastern Washington. Astria Health is the parent non-profit organization of Astria Sunnyside Hospital and Astria Toppenish Hospital and delivers care throughout the Valley through its Astria Health Hospitals and its Astria Ambulatory Care model focused on delivering the highest level of ambulatory and outpatient care in convenient locations in both the Lower and Upper Yakima Valley. Astria Ambulatory Care is designed to meet the changing lifestyles and diverse needs of those living and working throughout the region.
Provide direct patient care and general clinic duties.
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Perform basic medical procedures within licensure as per policy
- Write initial patient histories, assesses patient's conditions, and assists in the development of individual care plans for patients as directed by physician.
- Arrange for patients' ordered hospital admission, diagnostic, therapeutic, and dietary services
- Monitor and ensure accuracy of recording in patient's clinic record.
- Adhere to established triage protocol in screening incoming referrals and determine if appropriate for service.
- Promote positive customer/patient relations
- Maintain positive relationship with staff providing support and assistant to ensure quality and quantity of work and care are achieved
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize work and adapt to changes in workload
- Demonstrate continued professional growth
- Perform other related work as required
- Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s Policies, Confidentiality, Privacy, and Corporate Compliance programs including Federal and State Laws
- Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s mission to deliver high quality and compassionate health care services to our patients, physicians and communities we serve, focusing on customer service
Preference given to applicants with minimum of one year of clinical experience in related practice
- Graduate of certified Medical Assistant program
- Certified with a Washington State Health Care Assistance Level A, C, and E.
- BCLS certification required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care
- Current theories of professional nursing practice and principles to provide comprehensive ambulatory health care to patients based on a wide range of physical, emotional, cultural, social and medical factors affecting these patients
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, clerical staff and the public
- Interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Communicate clearly
- Perform effectively under stressful situations
- Effectively interact with unpleasant elements to obtain a positive outcome
- General clerical skills including, but not limited to operation of: copier, fax, computer
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/sunnyside/#/job/3229
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903