Employer: Triumph Group
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Role Activities/Job Description:
• Perform all mechanical assembly, functional tests, test setups, and finish operations on product line per blueprints and planning with little to no supervision.
• Perform functional tests in such a manner to maximize quality and productivity while simultaneously working on multiple machines.
• Determine the sequence of assembly operations in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Control to optimize the process and achieve maximum productivity and quality.
• Identify functional test applications suitable for computer automation and other opportunities for methods improvement.
• Determine cause and corrective action through failure analysis in conjunction with Design Engineering and Quality Control.
• Maintain orderly and retrievable records of work performed and complete records of test setups, shop books, photos, and procedures.
• Work with hazardous chemicals such as: Acetone, Alcohol, HFE-72DE, paints, sealants, bonding solvents paint stripper, solvents and paint thinners. May involve prolonged exposure to caustic oils such as Hyjet IV. Some heavy lifting required.
• Setup and conduct tests and experiments on components and complete units to evaluate design characteristics and performance of test items.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception.
• This position is subject to annual shift rotations between 1st and 3rd shifts.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum of 1 years experience required
• High School Diploma, (GED) or equivalent.
• Safety orientated and willing to participate in continuous improvement team discussions.
• General mechanical knowledge/background.
• Preferred knowledge of advanced hydraulic and electro-hydraulic theory and formula.
Skills & Competencies:
• Safe use of hand/power tools.
• Ability to follow instruction. (Oral and/or written).
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and hydraulic diagrams is a plus.
• Intermediate computer skills.
• Willing to work in team environment and participate in team process improvement discussions/projects.
• Must be able to work overtime which may include occasional weekends.
• Due to our company’s position as a key supplier to the US defense industry. All candidates must possess permanent authorization to work in the United States.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans”
An Equal Opportunity Employer- Triumph’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.triumphgroup.com/job/Yakima-Technician%2C-Assembly-Test-1-WA-98903/815740200/
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903