Employer: Yakima Valley Memorial
Biweekly Hours: 80
Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
All staff members at Yakima Valley Memorial must be in compliance with the Vaccination Policy, which includes the COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) vaccine, by their first day of employment.
The Electrician performs a variety of journey level electrical work such as installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment for the utilization and distribution of electric energy. Provides general maintenance and repair of physical buildings, utility systems, and the various medical and supportive systems that fall under facility management’s area of responsibility. Consistently maintains a high level of safety and efficiency when working on infrastructure and systems projects.
- Installs, maintains, and enhances electrical systems and components including fuses, lights, and wiring.
- Inspects, tests, and diagnoses issues with electrical systems and components, performing all work in a manner that meets and follows electrical codes, blueprints, and standards.
- Tests electrical systems and components to ensure proper functioning.
- Ensures adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts.
- Performs preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components.
- Checks, repairs and/or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes and other functional components of the system.
- Performs all preventative maintenance assigned within the allotted time frame (Preventative maintenance will be assigned for general maintenance and/or within their specialty education).
- Provides general building maintenance such as electrical maintenance, boiler maintenance, plumbing maintenance, basic construction material repair, and maintenance such as sheet rock and base moldings, as per Engineer 2 classification.
- Assists with the smooth and efficient operations of the department.
- Provides excellent service to improve appearance and function of facilities.
- Assists in maintaining a culture that emphasizes continuous improvement, creativity, team work, high performance and quality.
- Organizes on-duty time to accommodate workload, including unanticipated changes in workload. Rotating weekend coverage and rotating scheduled on call status.
- Uses good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
- Has the ability and willingness to independently seek and perform work on general maintenance issues in their area of responsibility.
- Provides leadership and role models high quality and responsive customer service.
- Collaborates and cooperates with Director and Manager for identifying and implementing changes in work processes.
- Provides workload summary reports to Director and/or Manager for priority and efficiency evaluation. Reports all equipment, system, and safety issues to director and/or assistant director. Passes all pertinent information to the following shift.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required; completion of a vocational or apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience is required.
- Experience: 2-3 years building maintenance experience preferred in all aspects of building maintenance, including Mechanical or Electrical repair.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: WA State L& I EL06A, Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required.
Yakima Valley Memorial (YVM) is a 256-bed acute-care, not-for-profit community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima Valley for 70 years. YVM also includes a multispecialty team of more than 300 physicians and 20+ primary care and specialty care locations. Specialty care services include cardiac care, a continuum of cancer care, hospice care, and advanced services for children with special health care needs.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, and vision coverage; plus we have a generous 401K plan (with an employer contribution!), competitive compensation, and a diverse workforce that is passionate about patient care. At YVM, we know the best care is provided by employees who are well-supported.
As the region's leading health care provider and Yakima's largest employer, we believe that by inspiring people to thrive, we can transform lives. Our vision at YVM is creating healthy communities one person at a time. With such an important goal, we work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Stewardship, and Innovation for everyone who walks through our doors, patients and coworkers alike. We would love to hear from you!
“Yakima Valley Memorial provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will.”
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/yakimavalley/#/job/14384
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903