Employer: City of Lynnwood, WA
Individuals assigned to this position perform specialized clerical duties at the Lynnwood Recreation Center. Responsibilities include assisting in the training and scheduling of part time staff, cashiering, registering customers for activities, accounting, office support work for the staff such as compiling monthly statistics, assisting with quarterly and yearly reports, data entry, record keeping, filing, copying, answering phones, opening and closing the facility, and performing other clerical and customer service functions. Individuals assigned to this position are expected to apply typical business office knowledge and skills, and excellent customer service skills. The position is within the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts Department, and works under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor - Customer Service.
Includes but is not limited to such essential functions as listed below:
- Provide information to the public on the phone or in person regarding Recreation Center activities and programs, policies and procedures.
- Process registration forms for program registration; processes refunds and class changes when necessary.
- Process reservations for people using park and recreation facilities; schedules pool and room rentals; learns and remains up-to-date on the registration software program.
- Receipt fees from revenue producing programs, operates the cash register, and balances funds receipted at completion of shift; prepares bank deposit as assigned.
- Work various hours to assure full-time employee on duty most hours facility is open; responsible for facility and activities when only full-time employee on duty.
- Assist with room set up and take down; insures proper and orderly conduct of patrons in their use of the facilities.
- Open and/or close the Recreation Center, unlocking/locking facilities, preparing front desk tills, engaging/disengaging alarm systems, and preparing daily reports as necessary.
- Order and maintain stock of all resale items; reconciles inventory balances on a monthly and year-end basis; prepares monthly inventory report.
- Perform data entry and system maintenance on a regular basis; troubleshoots system problems.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical functions, such as typing and statistical report preparation.
- Assist with interviewing and selecting part-time front desk staff and with on-the-job training; assist in scheduling the work of part-time employees.
- Create new office forms as necessary.
- Participate in staff meetings and strategic planning sessions.
- Maintain regular attendance.
Must be at least 18 years, with at least three years paid or volunteer experience working with computers, cashiering or cash handling, and working with the public in customer service, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Must possess current First Aid and CPR certifications and Blood Borne Pathogen training, or ability to acquire within one month of hire. Must also pass the Washington State Patrol background check and credit check.
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lynnwood/jobs/3312184/customer-service-specialist
Base Pay: $22.41 - $28.85/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903