EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Reserve Power applications, which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available.
This position requires you to work at a customer site that mandates onsite personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Provide technical and application support for EnerSys products and services, in the assigned area against profitable margins and in line with the business plan, in order to continue to the realization of service-related sales and service targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel to customer sites to install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance to customer’s equipment to include flooded and sealed batteries, chargers, and DC power distribution equipment (cable trays, battery racks, and power cables)
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000
- Interacts with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company
- Is directly responsible for company assets, including a service vehicle, parts inventory, tools and test equipment
- Provides the highest quality of service possible in order to assure customer satisfaction
- Completes timely reporting of all activities including service reports, expense reports, quality alerts and maintenance reports to the company
- Generates substantial annual revenues
- Functions without direct supervision
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must have valid Washington State 07E, 07 or 01 Electrical License.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools
- Previous customer service experience in field support
- Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as customer correspondences, memos, and reports) in English
- Able to perform basic math such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Able to solve simple equations
- A basic electrical understanding
- The use of test equipment and reading schematics
- Electrical experience in troubleshooting or repairs, i.e. auto, boat, truck
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training in Installation, Maintenance, and Repair; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Manufacturing and/or Production
General Job Requirements:
- Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- Must be able and willing to be on-call.
- Must be able and willing to do overnight travel
- Must be able and willing to operate a forklift.
- This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore, you must be able to pass the company’s driving requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers license and have additional driving requirements.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime.
- Risk of electrical shock.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Location: Sumner, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=construction&l=Washington%20State&vjk=6e0d2f674b5a926e
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903