Employer: Triumph Group
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Integrated Systems, Fluid Power & Actuation, a division of Triumph Group, Inc. designs, engineers, tests, manufactures and repairs complex hydraulic and hydro-mechanical aircraft components and systems for the aerospace industry. We are a global leader in the design, development, manufacture, assembly, and aftermarket support of aerospace hydraulic actuators and fuses.
Summary Independently performs a variety of complex precision machining operations utilizing CNC or manual controlled machine tools to produce components to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Setting up and operating a CNC and manually controlled machines such as lathes, milling machines, precision grinders, gun drills, etc to make aerospace parts to sketch.
• Using a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments that monitor and verify drawing/work order requirements are being met.
• Making standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling.
• Monitoring and verifying quality in accordance with manufacturing planning, quality plans, and engineering drawings
• Ensuring part quality by adjusting machine controls as necessary
• Meeting production deadlines by following manufacturing schedule and procedures
• Working with support resources and cell leaders to resolve production problems when they arise.
• Maintaining a safe working environment by adhering to safety policies, contributing to risk mitigation management teams, and keeping all work areas clean.
• Contributing to team effort by maintaining a positive attitude.
• Continuously striving to find ways to make manufacturing process more efficient and effective
• Observing and listening to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools, following best machining practices.
• Cleaning machine, tooling, parts and performing machine TPM requirements.
• Contributing to the overall effectiveness of the machine shop through participation in FOD, 5S, TPM, PM, and Process Improvement programs.
• May train others on job tasks they are proficient in.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• 3 years experience running and setting up manually controlled machine tools
• 1 year experience with multi-axis CNC machine tools
• Demonstrated experience with:
o Precision measuring tools, gauges, and other inspection devices
o Part drawings/blueprints, dimensioning, and tolerancing
o Shop math
• Basic understanding and application of:
o CNC Machine tools and G-code
o DNC Controls
• Exposure to Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement concepts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain OR show proof of a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please contact us if you require assistance in applying for Triumph Group and we will provide reasonable accommodations via HRDepartment@triumphgroup.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here .
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.triumphgroup.com/job/Yakima-Machinist-2-WA-98903/780407000/?feedId=317800&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=Triumph_Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903