Employer: Exotic Metals
Are you ready to join an industry-leading global company that believes in empowering its employees? Are you prepared to use your inquisitive nature and strong work ethic to help our team solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges?
A career at Parker is rife with rewards and opportunities. But a career at Parker is not for everyone. Finding success at Parker requires dedication and an insatiable desire to win. We seek very smart people who also have the equally impressive characteristic of humility. We solve our customer’s challenges as teams, working together to ask the questions that have never been asked before.
Parker understands that solving the world’s greatest engineering challenges requires an inquisitive and intelligent workforce, and we invest in our employees to ensure they are the best in the industry. Our global success relies on empowered employees operating in an environment that breeds ideas and solutions, and we take every possible action to ensure this happens.
An employee in this position will apply basic and some advanced machine welding processes to join sheet metal aircraft components as specified by written instructions, weld schedules and sketches. Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic and some advanced machine welding tasks while applying standard practices.
- Setup and regulate machine parameters such as gas, current, amperage, voltage, forge pressure and torch related items to produce correct bead size, penetration, nugget and other physical characteristics.
- Check for required dimensions using pi tapes, calipers, micrometers, height gages or other inspection devices.
- Create weld schedules and develop procedures for new jobs.
- Follow written instructions, sketches and weld schedules.
- Perform all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation is entered on manufacturing planning (including correct quantities) and paperless timecard system.
- Train others on prior job experience.
- Work under limited oversight.
Skills and Experience:
- Reads and understands manufacturing planning, weld symbols, sketches and specifications as necessary to perform the job function.
- Some limitations but knows when to stop and seek clarification.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Knows where to find this information at Exotic, and asks for help when necessary.
- Knowledge of shop math and precision measurement equipment.
- Requires familiarity with machine tools and good manual dexterity.
Demonstrate proper and safe operation of equipment, and personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, safety glasses, hearing protection, welding hood and gloves as required.
The welder performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing and handling of material.
This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements. Completion of a U.S. Export Compliance Notice is required. Prospective employees must identify their status as a U.S. or Foreign Person, as well as their country of citizenship and residence.
Exotic Metals Forming, Division of Parker Aerospace is committed to non-discrimination in employment and other opportunities. Exotic Metals Forming, Division of Parker Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=welding&l=Washington%20State&ts=1637246515090&rq=1&rsIdx=0&fromage=last&newcount=719&vjk=d2219d0b01f1cf79
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903