Employer: State of Washington Dept. of Transportation
Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of an integrated, multimodal transportation system that helps to ensure people and goods move safely and efficiently throughout the state. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system, WSDOT operates the largest ferry system in the nation, manages the world's longest floating bridge, and recently completed the world's widest tunneling project.
WSDOT Northwest Region (NWR) Information Technology Team is currently seeking to fill an IT Customer Support Entry level project position (expected to last until June 30, 2023). The NWR Information Technology (IT) functions as the central support group for all information technology related equipment and issues for the nearly 2000 employees spread across 97 sites throughout the 6 counties of the NW Region, Mega Programs Division, and Urban Mobility and Access offices located in the NWR. Specifically, IT is responsible for the management of assets (end-use computer devices, workstations, tablets, servers, storage, data and voice networks, printers, mobile devices, telecommunications systems, cell phones, copiers etc.) and administration of services (training/education, procurement, and solving technology related problems) so that WSDOT staff can complete their assigned work activities. This position is an entry level professional in the NW Region responsible for desktop computer hardware, software, and mobile devices. The Customer Support Entry professional applies advanced technical knowledge to independently identify and resolve complex problems with desktop computer systems and related components. This position supports regional Information Technology customers with standard computing resources, customized hardware, and software solutions as required to meet the business and strategic goals of WSDOT.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, IT Customer Support - Entry will:
- Provide level 2 technical and telephone customer support in order to maintain and support WSDOT workstation and mobile devices.
- Provide customer service for WSDOT customers to help them understand how to use their computer, how to perform tasks or understand software.
- Works directly with customers to make sure computers, laptops, tablets, etc., are up to date and usable, customer friendly state.
- Works directly with WSDOT customers for the repair, delivery, and removal of WSDOT Core equipment.
- Prepares documentation for resolution and completion of service requests.
- Uses Microsoft SCCM Administrator, Dameware, and Remote Desktop Connection applications to troubleshoot workstations remotely.
- Installs, maintains, and resolves hardware and software problems by replacing components, using specialized technical tools and test equipment to diagnose and resolve faults.
- Installs and reloads software or reconfigures systems where required, either by remote access software, or by site visit to the customer.
- Deploy devices, peripherals, and software to end-users.
- Installs and maintains peripherals such as printers, projectors, and removable storage devices.
- Tracks and monitors IT inventory by assigning assets to individual users and business organizations, documenting assignment, and biennially auditing physical inventory.
- Serves as primary Remedy ticket distribution and assignment technician for service requests and break/fix incidents/tickets coming from the ITD Service Desk.
- Provides customer support for conferencing, collaboration applications, and multimedia presentation equipment across multiple computer and mobile platforms.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- Three (3) years prior work experience in a desktop support setting or equivalent experience.
- Experience effectively communicating and providing assistance to a diverse set of information technology peers.
- Experience providing technical consulting and performing installation of IT hardware and software.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and popular third-party software applications.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- COMP TIA A+ certification
- Experience supporting printing and plotting hardware such as Konica MFD and HP printers and large format plotters.
- Experience supporting conferencing and collaboration tools such as MS Teams and conference room projection and camera units.
- This recruitment may also be used to fill additional positions per business needs.
- By issuance of proclamation, the Governor of Washington State mandates that all employees who work for executive cabinet agencies (which includes the Department of Transportation) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a condition of employment with WSDOT. Exemption may be granted for religious or medical purposes; however, accommodations will be subject to approval based on the essential functions required of the position.
- This is a project (limited duration) opportunity, expected to last until June 30, 2023.
- The salary listed for this position includes a legislative approved 5% premium for workers in King County.
- Work-Life Balance – We offer flexible work schedules that allow you time for your life outside of this excellent opportunity.
- Paid Leave – In addition to 11 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
- Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
To be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
- An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
- An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
- Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Amanda Strebeck, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be sure to reference IT Customer Support – Entry #0P248 in the subject line.
Contact Person: Amanda Strebeck
Location: Shoreline, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3301499/it-customer-support-entry
Base Pay: $58,060 - $78,107/ YR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903