Employer: The Home Depot
*Class A CDL Required*
Position Schedule: Saturday - Wednesday
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
The Delivery Service Technician's (DST) role is to deliver rental equipment to our customers and provide basic operational training on the proper and appropriate use. Additionally, the DST is responsible for verifying the equipment is clean and operational prior to and after each delivery.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Learns and demonstrates high quality customer service standards for delivery service
- Maintains professionalism in appearance, dress, and personal conduct
- Performs local deliveries and pick-ups of rental equipment to and from customer jobsites
- Loads and unloads equipment on trailer, including proper securing and tie-down of equipment.
- Demonstrates proper and safe equipment operation to customers at point of delivery
- Accurately obtains required signatures on rental contracts
- Utilizes company technology platform (Field One) to document all work performed
- Completes proper check-in and check-out procedures for equipment at store locations
- Assists with deployment of new equipment to store locations, including performing PDIs, delivering to the store, and training store associates on operation of the equipment
- Maintains accurate parts and fleet inventories through proper documentation and transfers in Field One.
- Remains current on local licensing and safety requirements
- Performs other duties assigned by the Regional Rental Manager (RRM), Rental Field Operations Manager (RFOM), or authorized personnel.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Regional Rental Manager
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Working conditions include working in the outdoors, including in extreme temperatures; working around dirt, grease, fumes, oils, and chemicals; prolonged exposure to loud noises from engines, compressors, power tools, and equipment.
- Must be twenty-one years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Class A CDL certification
- Valid Driver's license and DOT Physical Examination (Medical Card)
- Safe driving record
- Knowledge of and/or experience driving delivery trucks, towing tandem axle utility trailers and towable construction equipment, operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas
- Knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery routing
- Working understanding of safe load securement, tie downs, and transport
- Working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations/DOT guidelines
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and all levels of associates
- Working knowledge of handheld technology (smartphone, laptop, tablet)
- Ability to operate in extreme outdoor working conditions
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, including weather, traffic, and others
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, doing what is necessary to exceed customer expectations
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School - or equivalent experience in a field of study related to the job
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Include significant physical demands such as lifting (up to 80 lbs.) from the waist, lifting from the shoulder, prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, crawling underneath equipment, climbing on top of equipment, reaching and stretching. Environment will require repetitive hand, wrist, and arm movements, including skilled work with fingers. Occasionally, employee will be required to work at heights.
- Experience in equipment rental industry (mechanical, driving, counter sales, customer service, etc.)
- Two (2) years' experience operating commercial vehicles
- Basic knowledge of compact construction equipment, including trenching and earthmoving machines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
The Home Depot Rental is your single source for large equipment, general tools, trucks and trailers all in one location. With more than 1,200 convenient locations and a young fleet of pro-quality tools and equipment, The Home Depot Rental can help you get the job done. Plus, not only do we offer transportation solutions with our truck and van rentals, but we also provide onsite delivery service for large equipment rentals.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.homedepot.com/job/13196852/equipment-delivery-service-technician-cdl-a-home-daily-seattle-wa/?p_sid=RWANDTb&p_uid=owI6Ki4Trm&utm_source=indeed&utm_campaign=corp_thd_rental&utm_medium=jobad&ss=paid&utm_content=pj_board
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903