Stella-Jones is seeking a qualified Accounting Clerk to join our team in the Tacoma office. This individual supports our accounts payable team and is a key contributor to the company's implementation of SAP S/4 Hana. The position provides a great opportunity to be a part of a digital transformation at Stella-Jones and will have opportunities to assist with process design, optics, and reporting.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Analyzes and resolves purchase order discrepancies regarding invoice price, goods receipt quantities, allowances and terms between - Company supplier's invoices and Company purchase orders.
- Processes invoices in an accurate and timely manner which enables the generation of the Stella-Jones monthly and yearly financial statements.
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Compiles cost reports and balance sheets.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections.
- Corresponds with vendors, conducts investigations and brings complex discrepancies to resolution.
- Maintains awareness of all activities and issues that could impact daily operations and service levels.
- Assists with Accounts Payable month and year-end close.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program
- Special tasks as assigned and participate in projects as needed.
- Associates degree preferred but not required
- 6-12 months of related experience in accounts payable
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, data manipulation)
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred
- Consistently demonstrated excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to resolve and/or escalate conflict using tact and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding sensitive customer or company information
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across Stella-Jones for the achievement of business goals
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
Dental and Vision coverage
Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
Long-Term Disability Coverage
Access to a robust employee assistance program
Annual bonus program opportunity
401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
Paid time off and holidays
Career advancement opportunities
Ability to purchase Company stock
CLICK TO APPLY AND START THE PROCESS TO JOIN THE STELLA-JONES TEAM!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.stella-jones.com/en/jobs/accounting-clerk
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903