Employer: Herc Rentals
Req #: 34421
Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm – providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services and consultative solutions to support its customers’ projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 4,900 employees and approximately 270 company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of end markets, including construction; industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations; governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film, television, live entertainment and special event production; agricultural operations; and facilities management..
The purpose of the Field Service Mechanic A position is to utilize the mechanical expertise of the candidate to support the needs of the branch in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment in peak running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program and a detailed repair schedule. This incumbent is a master technician and assumes a leadership role of product knowledge within the branch and acts as a professional representative of Herc Rentals at all times. He/she performs at a high standard of quality level within the branch. He/she has mastered the operating standards of the facility, the region and corporation.
- Develop and maintain a consistent schedule of performing preventative maintenance of all Herc owned fleet at long term customer job sites
- Oversee and conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements and assorted services
- Diagnose and repair heavy equipment as required to ensure proper operating condition at the job site
- Diagnose and troubleshoot fuel systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems and propane systems
- Recondition and replace assorted parts to return equipment to a safely functioning state
- Educating customers on proper use of equipment to avoid future breakdowns
- Analyze problem areas for any significant wear or tear and address to ensure proper usage of the equipment until your next scheduled visit
- Adhere to all safety guidelines posted at active jobsite where repairs and maintenance are completed
- Maintain work area on jobsite in a clean and organized manner
- Produce timely and detailed service reports and repair logs
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Ability to understand detailed technical schematics, owner manuals, and product warning labels
- Ownership of sufficient selection of hand and air/electric tools to complete most repairs and services
- Ability to operate and test equipment such as boom lifts, forklifts, compressors, portable and stationary generators, hydraulics, pumps and assorted tools and equipment
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to be on call to support operational needs
H.S. Diploma or equivalent
Conditions of Employment Skills:
- Ability to drive/operate multiple types of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to follow up with customers in a timely manner
- Ability to handle assorted tools properly and safely
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills to naturally converse with jobsite foreman
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs on an active jobsite
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Must possess solid written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform basic computer operations such as opening and closing work orders
- Solid and proven computer skill set to enter work orders
- Understanding the importance of time management
- Works and communicates effectively with all levels of the company
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, nationals origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Location: Des Moines, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.hercrentals.com/job/Des-Moines-Field-Service-Mechanic-Wash/801945800/?feedId=350800&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=Herc_Indeed&mode=job&iis=Internet+Job+Board&iisn=Internet+Job+Board+-+Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903