Employer: Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe
OVERVIEW: Assists Office Manager in daily facets preparation of records and reports for the Accounting Department.
SUPERVISED BY: LEHD Health Director
WORK LOCATION: Lower Elwha Health Department
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time w/benefits
SALARY LEVEL: DOQ
WORK SCHEDULE: 8 to 5 / 40 hours a week/one hour lunch
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
- Maintains files of documents used and prepared in Accounting.
- Responsible for posting the weekly deposits; preparing all journal entries for data entry corresponding to the prior week's deposit(s).
- Assist Account Payable and with filing checks when necessary.
- Assist in maintaining the accounts/receivable payable system using computerized data entry and reconciliation in accordance with generally accepted accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for issuing purchase orders for approved purchase requisitions, assisting as needed with processing nonrecurring and emergent check requests.
- Assist when needed in receiving of vendor invoices, attaching payment voucher form to each invoice and encode the appropriate account numbers and detail numbers and input into the computer system.
- Assist when needed in maintaining accurate records of finance for the Health Department, both manual and computerized; entry of data, preparation of monthly customer statements, tracking and monitoring past due accounts.
- Assist when needed in maintaining and writing all receipts for all departments and personnel, using the proper accounting codes for specific transactions and reconcile those receipts with the actual deposit books.
- Responsible for preparing budgets and other reports required for grant funding.
- Assist when needed in auditing for compliance
- Other duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OF POSITION:
- Associate degree in business or equivalent
- Accounting job experience is preferred
- Must have valid driver license and insurance
- Proficient skills in typing, filing and general clerical functions
- Must take UA testing and pass it prior to employment
- Must have background check completed prior to employment
- Demonstrated numeric ability to perform arithmetic calculations and finger dexterity in use of standard department equipment
- Ability to maintain accurate records and attention to detail
- Skilled interpersonal communications and ability to relate well with the public, supervisor(s), and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain CONFIDENTIAL information
- Ability to complete assigned work efficiently and accurately
- Requires use of standard office equipment, including computer, phone, fax, 10-key calculator and photocopier
- Prefer computer program knowledge in word processing and spreadsheets
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSTION:
- Must be able to sit for long period of time utilizing the computer networks
- Be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to use finger dexterity
- Be able to bend, stretch, squat
OTHER DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to comply with the LOWER KLALLAM TRIBE policies and procedures, including the Drug Free Workplace
- Be able to work in a fast pace and deadline oriented environment
- Must be able to travel for training purposes or meetings
- Must be available to work long hours during Audits
With all positions of the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe this position is Indian Preference in hiring
Location: Port Angeles, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.appone.com/maininforeq.asp?Ad=331799&R_ID=4075638&Refer=https://www.indeed.com/&B_ID=44
Base Pay: Depending on Qualifications
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903