Employer: Oregon Medical Group
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Reviews and processes complex specialty clinic professional charge tickets according to Oregon Medical Group procedures and government regulatory standards. These general duties service the patients, physicians and support staff of Oregon Medical Group.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for prolonged periods of time and some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary for the operation of basic office equipment such as computer terminal and telephone. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds. Requires hearing in normal acuity range and eyesight correctable to 20/20. Must have adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and perform required procedures. Requires the ability to work quickly under stress.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff, patients and the public. Work may be stressful at times.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Apply coding principles consistent with government regulatory standards, payer specific guidelines of the health plans, and Oregon Medical Group (OMG) policy. Maintain a current working knowledge of CPT, ICD and HCPCS Level II codes and principles.
- Code complex office, procedures and surgeries.
- Add, delete, and change codes according to documentation in the medical record with a ninety five percent coding accuracy or higher.
- Query providers, as needed, when encounters lack clear documentation or missing documentation for a service or diagnosis. Track coding and documentation trends to report at provider/clinic staff meetings to assist with documentation improvement.
- Provide price quotes to patients when requested.
- Assist clinic staff and billing staff with any coding related questions pertaining to their assigned providers.
- Review and correct coding related denials to maximize reimbursement. Code, enter and bill missing charges when not entered by assigned providers or ancillary staff.
- Respond to coding queries sent through the EMR system to assist when providers and ancillary staff have questions. Respond to Coder Help Desk queries.
- When requested, assist and/or perform coding and documentation audits on providers and ancillary staff.
- Receive and maintain access to local hospital and surgical center charts and adhere to their privacy policies.
- Train new Coder I and Coder II staff. When requested by Coding and Reimbursement Manager, provide coding and documentation training to new and current providers.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality and ethical standards.
- Ongoing Customer Service Training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: In depth knowledge and experience of evaluation and management documentation guidelines and coding, chart auditing, coding compliance policies and procedures and reimbursement practices. Skill in using a computer. Ability to examine documentation for accuracy and completeness. Ability to work effectively and directly with physicians, patients and co-workers. Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
EDUCATION: Equivalent of a high school diploma.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years of professional fee coding in a physician office or facility setting. Coder has received training and demonstrated proficiency in coding surgery CPT procedures and or complex clinical scenarios. Minimum of 6 months as a Coder I within Oregon Medical Group.
CERTIFICATION: Active CPC, CCS, CPC-H, CCS-P, COC or CCA certification required.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Oregon Medical Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Education assistance and tuition reimbursement
To learn more about the benefits of working for Oregon Medical Group, visit https://oregonmedicalgroup.com/about-us/careers.html
ABOUT OREGON MEDICAL GROUP:
Oregon Medical Group provides patients with a single point of access to a full range of comprehensive and coordinated health care, including primary care, pediatrics and over 2o other specialties. Supporting services include on-site labs and x-ray services, a state-of-the-art imaging department, physical therapy, infusion center and more. OMG emphasizes preventative care and healthy living as it cares for patients. Addressing the cause of health issues is as important as treating symptoms; many OMG patients credit their physicians and clinicians for support with health, fitness and other lifestyle choices. Founded in 1988, OMG physicians, clinicians and staff provide care from 10 locations across the Eugene and Springfield areas to help our patients live their healthiest lives. Learn more at OregonMedicalGroup.com.
- Our Mission: We collaborate to provide the highest quality, patient-centered care.
- Our Vision: Together, we help you live your healthiest life.
- Our Values: Servant Leadership – Professionalism – Sustainability
Location: Eugene, OR
Application Method: Online: https://oregonmedicalgroup.atsondemand.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=512611.viewjobdetail&CID=512611&JID=795734&source=Indeed&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=IndeedFreePost&source=Indeed.com
Base Pay: Depending on Qualifications
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903