Employer: Clark College
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent classified Maintenance Mechanic 3 – Plumber position to support the Facilities Services Department. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees. Our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, vision, and values of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support, and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Yaju Dharmarajah, Director of Labor and Compliance, 360-992-2317, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Baird 012, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, and repair all types of pipes and piping systems, storm sewers, sanitary sewers, water mains, valves, drains, piping, toilets, sinks, drinking fountains, hydronic, heating pipes, and valves.
- Repair fixtures and faucets of all kinds, cut and thread pipe fit and sweat copper lines, replace pumps and pump parts, inspect water piping systems, valves, backflow, preventers, fire protections systems etc. to determine maintenance needs.
- Clear blocked waste water lines.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to schedule; respond to urgent request.
- Clean, maintain, repair and inspect portions of hydronic systems, boilers, radiators, wells.
- Supervise and instruct helpers.
- Manage backflow prevention inspections and repairs
- Maintain piping portion of fire sprinkler system
- Enter data on Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) as required
- Perform related duties as required.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- Four (4) years in service and repair plumbing.
- Possession of current journeyman plumber certificate.
- Must have a backflow prevention tester’s license OR willingness to obtain one.
- Possession of valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Uniform Plumbing Code.
- Knowledge and ability to clean drains and use the associated equipment safely.
- Knowledge of fire sprinkler system testing and maintenance.
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials, tools, and equipment of plumbing trade; pipe and fixture types; safety precautions.
- Vaccination requirement: Per Washington State Proclamation 21-14.1: college employees must be fully vaccinated. Your COVID-19 vaccine status must be validated by the Human Resources office prior to the commencement of work. Requesting a disability or religious exemption would be done through the Human Resources office.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
- Ability to use various tools of the plumbing trade including snake equipment, sewer cameras and acetylene torch.
- Ability to work from blueprints, plans, and sketches; estimate materials and time needed to complete jobs; use and maintain hand and power tools, specialty plumbing tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people including students, staff, faculty, peers, vendors, contractors, etc.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more if needed.
- Ability and willingness to understand and follow laws, regulations and other standards established to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and respond to after-hour emergencies as needed.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
- This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $4,627/month Range: 50G Code: 626L
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Clark College online application
- Current resume, with a minimum of three references listed
- Cover letter describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360) 992-2105 or by video phone at (360) 991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133 or email@example.com. The most recent Annual Security Report, written in compliance with the Clery Act, can be reviewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
October 18, 2021
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/clarkcollege/jobs/3274273/maintenance-mechanic-3-plumber
Base Pay: $4,627/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903