Employer: DTG Recycle
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation rate $22 - $37/hour DOE
- Awesome employer paid medical benefits (PPO plan, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- 2 weeks paid vacation accrual to start
- 401k with substantial Employer Safe Harbor Matching Contribution approximately 3% - 4% (blended)
- Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement program
- Growth and advancement opportunities with a sustainable Planet Obsessed company!
What we are looking for (desired traits):
- A strong work ethic, strict attendance, and a positive attitude that puts safety first.
- Ability to adhere to your work schedule and follow through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the company’s safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals and help others achieve their goals.
- Be able to communicate often and professionally with co-workers and/or customers and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. TEAMWORK and collaborative mentality.
Job Duties & Expectations:
- Heavy truck and equipment repair for commercial fleet operations, diesel engines, air brakes, trailers, and electronics.
- Diagnose varying equipment issues, failures on tractors, equipment, and trailers.
- Communicate with the Managers through verbal and written methods to assure repairs are completed correctly.
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment.
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, wheel seals and bearings, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Repair and troubleshoot major components such as engine, transmissions, differentials, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Report root cause of damaged equipment.
- Be able to perform all above while in industry standard time frame or time frame given by manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Frequent and periodic speaking, reading (English), writing (English), recollecting, sitting, standing, walking, squatting, climbing, for multiple sequential periods of 30 minutes or more; required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms pulling, pushing, regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg
- Pickup and Deliver
- Internal and External Customer Services
- Follow Safety Protocols While Driving
- Exposure to weather between sites, offices, warehouse, and yard
- Able to complete required paperwork accurately and completely
- Ability to work under pressure
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=5333&clientkey=2E73C27207BFB63119A15D53F516F792
Base Pay: $22 - 37/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903