Primary Purpose – The facility operates in a shift-work environment that emphasizes safety, team building, total quality, and continuous process improvement. Maintenance personnel repair all equipment in use in the plant. They work as millwrights, electricians, machinists, mechanics, or oilers. Repair includes oiling, welding, and rebuilding components, working on all rolling stock, and conducting preventative maintenance checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative and scheduled maintenance on a wide range of rolling stock (i.e. wheel loaders, excavators, forklifts, aerial equipment, fleet vehicles, skid steers and small engine repairs including I.p, gasoline and diesel engines).
- Operate and maintain all necessary tools, including welders, cutting torches, hand tools, and power tools
- Complete necessary paperwork for jobs (i.e. utilizing a work order system to track all repairs and maintenance).
- Operate mobile equipment (log loaders, bobcat, forklifts, pick-ups, etc.)
- Inventory supplies for the shop and prepare list of needed supplies
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep work area free of trip hazards and clutter
- Other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting engine, electrical and hydraulic issues
- Must have basic welding and fabricating skills
- Must have knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Must be able to operate basic functions on all yard equipment
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication
- Able to comprehend diagnostic steps and parts catalog
- Able to work safely around moving manufacturing equipment and machinery
- Able to work overtime, holidays as well as night shift and some weekends
- Able to perform essential physical functions of the position, which may include climbing stairs, ladders, navigating catwalks, lifting and bending, work from heights, and stand or walk for 1-4 hours at a time for 10 hours
- Able to perform physically intensive work
Safety – Support a safe work environment by performing duties in accordance with acceptable, safe work procedures.
- Be responsible for your own actions. Do not put yourself in unsafe conditions.
- Correct, secure, or warn others of safety hazards. Warn others of danger, even if you think they can see it, or you think they might have more experience than you.
- Observe all safety rules and procedures; think safety at all times.
- Read and understand safety regulations, including lockout procedures
- Wear the required personal protective equipment for your job.
- Be able to use a fire extinguisher in case of fires.
- Read and understand SDS sheets for each potentially hazardous substance you come in contact with.
- If you do not know how to do a task, ask for help.
- Do not create unsafe conditions for other personnel.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions to your supervisor so they can be corrected.
We offer an excellent wage and benefit package; including medical, vision and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, and PTO & holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race/ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by law. For more information, please see the federal government poster, EEO is the Law, which can be viewed at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Location: Elma, WA
Application Method: Online: https://secure6.entertimeonline.com/ta/6008572.careers?rnd=ZHJ&ShowJob=251970902&%40rtm=1
Base Pay: Depending on Qualifications
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903