Employer: Lynden Incorporated
LTI/Milky Way is Seeking Diesel Mechanics in Sunnyside! We offer a great schedule, competative pay, excellent benefits, and unparralleled opportunity for career advancement!
LTI, Inc./Milky Way is a family-owned company with a long, proud history that has become a modern, innovative leader in the transportation industry. We are looking for a mechanic to join our Sunnyside team today!
- Competative pay and an excellent health and welfare package that includes medical, dental & vision insurance, group term life insurance, a 401 (k) Plan and a Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Quality equipment to work on and facilities to work in - we are consistently upgrading our equipment.
- Incrdible career advancement opportunity. More than 75% of our management team began their career as a company driver or mechanic.
- Additional career opportunities within the Lynden Family of companies, unmatched in the transportation industry.
2 year Technical School graduate preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; 1 year fleet maintenance or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Employee must meet Department of Transportation requirements. Employee must possess a current Brake and DOT inspector certificate. Employee must be willing to receive an Air Conditioning Certificate and must have own hand tools. Basic MIG Welding Skills may be required.
Apply by clicking the link below and seaching for the Mechanic job listed in Sunnyside.
Click here to apply!
Or, visit www.lynden.com/employment, or send a PDF of your resume to email@example.com
- Ability to perform accurate diagnosis and repair of most Truck, Tanker & Trailer system
- Ability to Remove and Install Truck, Tanker & Trailer parts safely.
- Consistently perform all Truck, Tanker & Trailer maintenance as defined by LTII requirements.
- Ability to make parts reuse decisions based on manufacturer's recommendations.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts and drives repaired equipment to verify conformance to specifications and to test their performance and may assist with equipment relocation.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Troubleshoot and Repair 12 and 24 volt starting/charging systems.
- Employee must have basic skill in the use of SMAW (Mig), Stick, Plasma Arc. Some TIG knowledge preferred.
- Basic understanding of chassis electrical.
- Ability to read basic electrical schematic.
- Completes job work orders using company maintenance software system, recording materials used, type of work accomplished, and maintenance system codes.
- Assists with periodic inventory and equipment counts.
- Complies with all company safety policies, including use of protective equipment.
- Employee must demonstrate the ability to work alone or within a Team environment. Also be able to adapt to changes in job priorities quickly and work in a fast paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
2 year Technical School graduate preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); One year fleet maintenance or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Employee must meet Department of Transportation requirements and must possess a valid Commercial Driver's License with Class A Air, Doubles, Tankers endorsements.
- Employee must be willing to receive an Air Conditioning Certificate.
- Employee must possess a brake certificate.
- Employee must have own hand / air tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Passing a pre-employment drug test is required.
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Online: https://external-lynden.icims.com/jobs/4258/job?utm_source=indeed_integration&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Indeed&indeed-apply-token=73a2d2b2a8d6d5c0a62696875eaebd669103652d3f0c2cd5445d3e66b1592b0f&mobile=false&width=910&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420
Base Pay: Depending on Qualifications
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903