Employer: Muckleshoot Indian Tribe
Under immediate to general supervision, performs semi-skilled to skilled work and operates a variety of heavy equipment for a various public works and construction projects.
This is the journey level in the Equipment Operator three-level series. This level is distinguished from the Equipment Operator 3, in that this position operates a variety of heavy construction and maintenance equipment and receives work direction from the Equipment Operator 3.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates a variety of light to heavy construction and power equipment including backhoe, front-end loader, grader, dump truck, water tanker, and dozer.
-Drives trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, gravel and sand.
- Ensures the safety of self and crew by performing the proper maintenance and inspections of equipment and tools before and after use.
- Performs all duties in conformance with all applicable safety standards.
- Performs required labor involved in construction and maintenance projects as part of a crew, including pavement cutting, ditch digging, vault and line cleaning, main and pipe repair, laying and backfilling.
- Cuts, fits, lays, repairs, taps, cleans and flushes water mains, pipes, gates and fittings on repair of mains and services and installation of services, fire hydrants and drinking fountains; assists in shutting off broken sections of water mains.
- Determines location of gas, telephone, power, cable, and water and sewer lines from appropriate sources prior to excavation.
- Responds to complaints; evaluates situation; resolves and/or explains findings to supervisor.
- Contains affected persons in area where services will be discontinued and explains when services will be shut off and how soon it will be turned back on.
- Maintains a variety of records relating to work activity.
- Assists in the training of assigned staff to increase their skills.
- Because of the Tribe’s commitment to community service and the well-being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular job responsibilities.
EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION:
Required: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent and two (2) year’s work-related experience in construction trades with heavy equipment operation, in support of maintenance, public works, or construction projects.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
Skill in: Safe operation and proper use of motorized vehicles and equipment and common hand and power tools; performing a variety of routine manual labor functions; completing assigned work in a timely and efficient manner; safely operating tools and equipment; operating, servicing, and making minor repairs on equipment.
Knowledge of: Safe work techniques and practices; applicable traffic laws, ordinances, and rules; legal and defensive driving practices; practices followed in the care, routine maintenance and safe operation of trucks and other heavy equipment.
Ability to: Perform heavy manual labor tasks for extended periods of time; safely operate various motorized vehicles, tools and equipment; read and write; follow verbal and written instructions; operate and care for hand tools and equipment; make minor repairs as well as perform preventative maintenance and servicing of equipment operated; observe safety requirements and safe work practices; assist in training staff; establish and maintain cooperative work relationships; arrive to work in a timely manner; attend required training; work varying shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Licenses or Certifications Required:
Must have a current and valid Washington State Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
Location: Auburn, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers-muckleshootgov.icims.com/jobs/4616/job?utm_source=indeed_integration&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Indeed&indeed-apply-token=73a2d2b2a8d6d5c0a62696875eaebd669103652d3f0c2cd5445d3e66b1592b0f&mode=job&iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed.com&mobile=false&width=1307&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420
Base Pay: Depends on Experience
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903