Employer: Neighborcare Health
** $5,000 Sign-on Bonus! **
The Medical Assistant performs delegated clinical and administrative duties providing direct support to primary care providers and some direct care to patients. Work in partnership and joint accountability with other team members to achieve Neighborcare Health’s Mission, Guiding Principles, Service Commitments, and Goals.
In this position you will:
- Perform duties and responsibilities with excellence, enthusiasm, great service orientation demonstrating courteous behaviors and mannerisms, and by anticipating medical provider's needs
- Demonstrate flexibility and readily assists other staff members. Maintains a safe and healthy work environments for patients, self and other
- Prepare examination and treatment rooms for use by medical providers by cleaning, stocking and arranging supplies, equipment and instruments
- Interview patient to determine reason for visit; takes patient's vital signs, e.g., blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temperature, height and weight; blood draws, immunizations, records information in patient's medical record; and reports findings to appropriate personnel, according to WAC standard requirements
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completed an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Active WA State Department of Health Medical Assistant-Certification or Medical Assistant - Interim status with the Washington State Department of Health
- Basic Life Saving (BLS)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prior experience as a medical assistant
- Prior experience in primary care or community health environment
- Prior experience with diverse populations
- Bi-lingual skills
The mission of Neighborcare Health is to provide comprehensive health care to families and individuals who have difficulty accessing care; respond with sensitivity to the needs of our culturally diverse patients; and advocate and work with others to improve the overall health status of the communities we serve.
For 50 years, Neighborcare Health has been caring for our neighbors with essential medical and dental care, counseling, outreach, health education and more in Seattle, Vashon, and our newest dental clinic in Olympia! Our purpose is to improve health by engaging, educating, and empowering people in the communities we serve. We are looking to hire the best talent to support our culturally diverse workplace and community.
The full job description will be provided during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NEI1003/JobBoard/05b8e5e2-a441-f1ac-02fd-234422e71609/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=de0226ca-00f9-454f-89bf-abf3558d59a1&sourceId=4c0bcaf2-2e86-4521-a2f1-0743cfc23520
Base Pay: Depending on Qualifications
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903