Employer: The Vancouver Clinic
The apprentice position is designed for those with CPC-A designation to gain required experience and obtain full CPC designation. Codes medical procedures as each specialty is mastered. Responsible for assuring charges are processed promptly and accurately into the Practice Management System. Reviews, edits and posts charges timely and accurately.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in all training opportunities offered and achieves increasing levels of coding expertise as demonstrated by passing proficiency tests
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of ICD10, CPT and HCPCS coding and Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI).
- Codes procedures for specialties after proficiency has been demonstrated.
- Codes 80% of procedures within 2 working days of receipt of fee ticket and completed medical record.
- Resolves charge entry edits by reviewing clinical documentation and/or seeking clarification from Provider. Resolves edits within 1 working day
- Reviews invoices for correct coding as requested by Patient Financial Services staff on behalf of the patient.
- Acts as resource or liaison to answer coding and charge entry questions.
- Attends all staff meetings, in-service meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Resolve coding review edits by reviewing clinical documentation and/or seeking clarification from Manager or Coding Review Analyst within targeted turnaround times.
- Review documentation to ensure accurate coding and charge capture in accordance with AMA-CPT, ICD-10-CM, National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) and Vancouver Clinic policies.
- Manually post hospital services into the practice management system within targeted turnaround times.
- Attend coding/charge entry meetings and training.
- Work coding correction projects as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to consistently demonstrate essential clinical competencies for this role and certification.
- Proven proficiency in data entry and keyboarding required.
- Must maintain proficiency in accordance with TVC’s coding proficiency standards.
- Working knowledge of ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS coding and Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI).
- Commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to serve as a resource and coding consultant to providers.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Coding, Medical Charge Entry or Medical Billing Experience and/or education required.
- One of the following coding credential strongly preferred: AHIMA (CCA, RHIT), AAPC (CPC-A). Will be required to obtain within 12 months of hire if non-certified.
- Medical Terminology required.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work required in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of those assigned to this job.
We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, generous time off, holidays, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. Eligibility for benefits is dependent on factors such as position type and FTE. Contact your recruiter for more information.
Vancouver Clinic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vancouver Clinic does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Documented vaccination, immunity, or written declination of vaccine for certain preventable contagious diseases, including COVID-19, is a requirement of employment at Vancouver Clinic. Vancouver Clinic is an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Offers are contingent on successful completion of drug screen, background screen, and immunization requirements.
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: Online: https://tvc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TVC/job/87th-Ave/Specialty-Coder-Apprentice---Coding-Apprentice-CPC-A_REQ0005849-1?source=indeed
Base Pay: Depending on Qualifications
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903