Employer: Astria Health
The Astria Health system, headquartered in the heart of the state of Washington’s wine country in the beautiful Yakima Valley, is the largest non-profit healthcare system based in Eastern Washington. Astria Health is the parent non-profit organization of Astria Sunnyside Hospital and Astria Toppenish Hospital and delivers care throughout the Valley through its Astria Health Hospitals and its Astria Ambulatory Care model focused on delivering the highest level of ambulatory and outpatient care in convenient locations in both the Lower and Upper Yakima Valley. Astria Ambulatory Care is designed to meet the changing lifestyles and diverse needs of those living and working throughout the region.
Committed to investing in a continuum of care for the people who live and work throughout Eastern Washington, Astria Health's goal is to build sustainable, locally-based, healthcare organizations that improve health for those we serve.
The Coder within the Health Information Management Department is responsible for the coding of all clinic records.
- Minimum two years’ experience in E/M coding required; two years’ experience in ICD-10CM and CPT/HCPCS coding required.
- Rural Health Clinic (RHC) coding preferred.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Completion of a formal coding program required.
- Strong organizational and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of anatomy & physiology, medical terminology, and current coding techniques.
- Knowledge of data quality on prospective payment and reimbursement.
- AAPC – CPC or AHIMA – CCA or CCS credentials required.
- Three years’ clinic coding experience may substitute for required credentials.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Work is primarily performed in an office setting and is considered sedentary work. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally. Requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Requires repetitive typing and key entry work, and computer work. Requires normal/corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires good manual and finger dexterity to operate computers, phones, and handle documents. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/sunnyside/?source=indeed#/job/3243?source=Indeed
Base Pay: Depending on Qualifications
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903