Employer: Puget Sound Orthopaedics
Surgery Scheduler and Authorizations Coordinator
Schedules and coordinates surgeries for assigned providers at the surgery center or hospital. Responsible to continually monitor the schedule looking for inefficiencies and attempts to organize the surgery schedule by filling vacant holes, phoning and documenting reminder calls to patients, and rescheduling patients as directed. Produce and obtain referrals and authorizations for various departments and specialty testing.
- Proficient typing skills
- Computer skills and knowledge
- Detail oriented
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of previous insurance authorizations and or scheduling experience in a healthcare setting within the last three years preferred.
- Completion of medical terminology, CPT/ICD-10, and insurance billing course preferred.
- Bookkeeping or accounting course preferred.
- Previous orthopedic experience preferred.
Status: Full time, Monday through Friday
Standard list: May include Medical, Dental, Vision, RX, Long-term Disability, 401(k) Retirement and Profit and Sharing Plan, Holidays, Paid Time Off and Mileage and Toll Reimbursement.
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.pugetsoundorthopaedics.com/jobs/surgery-scheduler-and-authorizations-coordinator/
Base Pay: Depending on Qualifications
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903