Employer: Modern Machinery
COMPANY SUMMARY: Modern Machinery has been in business for over 75 years. We sell, rent and service high-quality heavy equipment while providing exceptional customer service and product support to our customers. Modern Machinery is committed to our core values and creating a safe working environment for all our employees. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.modernmachinery.com.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a great opportunity for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team environment. As a Welder/Fitter, you will be responsible to produce custom, high-quality, crushing and screening equipment for the aggregate industry.
- Demonstrate Modern Machinery’s core values and promote the mission and vision of the company.
- Follow all company policies, processes, procedures. Exercise safe work practices to contribute to the achievement of the company’s safety goals.
- Meet production demands by completing jobs in a timely manner with attention to detail and by producing quality work. This work will include fabricating new and repairing used equipment.
- Set up and operate a welder, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to fabricate and repair parts
- Ability to perform specific tasks using the standard equipment used in metal fabrication such as saws, shear, welder, grinder, drills, etc., performing quality work with safe work practices always
- Must be able to cope wide flange, angle, tube, and weld in flat and vertical positions
- Ability to read, interpret and follow drawings/blueprints. Must be able to solve practical problems related to the fabrication of metal assembly.
- Complete and submit assigned work order reports, time cards and all other paperwork daily
- When appropriate compile any additional documentation necessary for completeness
- Assist others on large projects or repairs
- Attends training sessions and meeting as required
- Establish, promote, and ensure an outstanding level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Your job duties may be changed from time-to-time at the discretion of your supervisor
The responsibilities described above are the general nature and levels of work performed but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Responsibilities, duties, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED SKILLS/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- The individual in this position should be personable, highly motivated, detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Personal accountability and self-management to prioritize and complete all tasks required of the position
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, or GED
- Welding experience with SMAW, MIG, Oxy-Acetylene cutting. Plasma cutting and some air arc experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Insurance
- 401k/Roth Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday, and Bereavement)
- Profit Sharing Program
- Gym Membership Reimbursement Program
- Family Scholarship Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Benefits
Modern Machinery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WUQEWB&cws=37&rid=244&source=Indeed.com
Base Pay: Depends on Experience
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903