Employer: Borton & Sons, Inc.
POSITION TITLE: Line Mechanic
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Line Mechanic maintains packing lines and all other mechanical aspects of the warehouse, including diagnosis, adjustment, repair, or overhaul of machines and components.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: T
he essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. Borton & Sons, Inc. may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.
• Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules.
• Maintains, repair, and overhaul mechanical systems.
• Dismantles defective machines for repair, using hand tools.
• Records details of repairs made and parts used.
• Reassembles machines and equipment following repair, testing operation and making adjustments as necessary.
• Cleans and lubricates parts.
• Tests and replaces electrical components and wiring, using test meters, soldering equipment, and hand tools.
• Examines and listens to equipment, read inspection reports, and confer with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts, using hand tools, milling and woodworking machines, lathes, welding equipment, grinders, or saws.
• Fabricates new metal parts, using drill presses, engine lathes, and other machine tools.
• Repairs bent or torn sheet metal.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Works in a safe manner, wearing protective equipment as necessary.
• Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
• General knowledge of machines and tools, including repair and maintenance.
• Reasoning ability to problem solve as necessary.
• Work independently in the absence of direct supervision and efficiently carry out assignments.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to understand and communicate both oral and written English. English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
• Prior mechanic experience and/or training preferred.
• Ability to be flexible in schedule, including necessary overtime and weekend work schedule.
• Ability to physically perform the rigorous physical requirement of job.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• High school diploma or GED required; advanced technical/vocational training preferred.
• Related certifications preferred.
• Valid driver’s license required.
This position requires frequent periods of sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, grasping, reaching, pulling/pushing objects, lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, and performing repetitive movements.
Borton & Sons, Inc. is a 12‐month, two‐shift facility which can require occasional and seasonal overtime and added stress at times.
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitations.
Borton & Sons, Inc. is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Contact Person: John King
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903