Employer: Roseburg Forest Products
Founded in 1936, Roseburg Forest Products is a privately owned company and one of North America's leading producers of particleboard, medium density fiberboard and thermally fused laminates. Roseburg also manufactures softwood and hardwood plywood, lumber, LVL and I-joists. The company owns and sustainably manages more than 600,000 acres of timberland in Oregon, North Carolina and Virginia, as well as an export wood chip terminal facility in Coos Bay, Ore. Roseburg products are shipped throughout North America and the Pacific Rim. To learn more about the company please visit www.Roseburg.com.
- Field engineering for logging roads and harvest units including road location and design, harvest unit boundaries and GIS generated mapping.
- Independently work in a forestry setting under close supervision
- Assist in harvest unit identification through field and office reconnaissance
- Assist in layout of harvest unit boundaries, including RMA establishment and Leave Tree designations, with understanding of the Oregon Forest Practices Act and Logging Systems
- Perform basic design tasks and basic Engineering Field work, including the location, design, and field staking of forest roads and landing location with an understanding of the Oregon Forest Practices Act and road construction practices
- Demonstrate the ability to learn how to perform cost analyses for logging, road and rocking alternatives on projects
GIS mapping of roads, logging units, including development of road design packets
- Use of software (RoadEng, AutoCAD, Excel, Access, Logger PC etc.)
- Engineering crew duties, assist other Forest Engineers in their projects
- Preparation of State permit applications for harvest units and road construction projects
- Search for, recover, and flag property corners and property lines
- Research survey corners/property lines and map and survey interpretation
- Assist in surveying construction sites, stockpiles etc.
- Assist Operations Supervisor in cooperation with local landowners and agencies
- Cut brush with hand tools and chainsaw
- Assist in other forest related activities, including forest fire suppression
- Models Company core values
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates in Forest Engineering, Forest Operations, Civil Engineering or 3 years of experience working in a forest related position.
- Fundamental knowledge of logging systems and road construction
- A basic understanding of the Oregon Forest Practices Act and in general forest operations
- Working knowledge of GIS, Word Processing and spreadsheet computer programs
- Physically capable of working productively on steep and adverse terrain in all weather conditions
- Highly organized, self motivated team player that fosters a positive work environment
- Must be a self starter with ability to work independently in a forest environment; with close supervision on unusual or difficult problems
- Be safety conscience in all aspects of job
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING DISABILITY AND VETERANS
Contact Person: Tina DeHaven
Location: Dillard, Oregon and Veneta, Oregon
Application Method: Email
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903