Employer: Olson Plumbing
Olson Plumbing is a local, family owned, and operated plumbing company based in the Stanwood/Camano area. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable plumbing services for our hometown and neighboring communities.
As an apprentice plumber you will learn the skills necessary to become a journeyman by training and supervision. As you gain experience, you may begin to complete some duties independently or with limited supervision. This position requires some travel (up to 10 hours per day).
Duties & Responsibilities
The apprentice plumber is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of plumbing systems. This includes a variety in different types of plumbing equipment including gas-fired, electric, water and sewer. These duties include identifying drain issues, clearing clogged pipes, installing plumbing fixtures, and completing cost estimates. The apprentice plumber will be responsible to perform all aspects related to installing new or replacement pipes as well as performing other duties assigned by management.
· Performs all plumbing work in accordance with company standards.
· Assures compliance with applicable state laws and the Uniform Plumbing Code.
· Complete continuing education requirements as set by WA State Department of Labor and Industries
· Installing, maintaining, and repairing plumbing fixtures, pipes, and other systems
· Install supports before the installation of pipes, equipment, and fixtures.
· Identify and locate leaks.
· Assembling of pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
· A thorough inspection and testing of plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
· Professional handling of customers plumbing requests
· Collaboration with contractors, construction workers, and electricians to meet plumbing requirements
· Review building plans and inspected them to assess material and equipment needs.
· Prioritizing activities from start-up through finish.
· Ensures that the job is completed on time and within budget.
· Maintains proper records and submit to Office Manager
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· 2 years plumbing experience- preferred
· Valid WA L&I Plumbing Trainee Certificate
· Valid driver’s license & clean driving record
· Must be able to work in all weather conditions
· Ability and willingness to learn new skills, including the use of hand tools as well as basic plumbing equipment.
· Strong communication skills; both internal and external
· Reliable, detailed oriented, highly organized, and capable of handling several tasks
· Efficient skills and knowledge in using plumbing tools and equipment
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $25.00 per hour
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Location: Stanwood, WA
Application Method: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=plumbing%20apprentice&l=washington%20state&fromage=last&sort=date&vjk=719b00c7fda38fc6
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903