Employer: Par PAcific
WHO WE ARE:
Par Pacific is a growth-oriented company that owns and operates market-leading energy and infrastructure businesses in logistically-complex markets. Par Pacific combines experience in the oil and gas industry with corporate financing know-how. We bring this unique strength to complex markets where we seek out diamonds in the rough. As a nimble, entrepreneurial organization, we actively pursue new opportunities in response to local market demands and changing external environments.
Reporting to the Maintenance and Construction Manager, you will be responsible for repair of instruments and analyzers throughout the refinery and may also be required to repair or assist other multi-craft mechanics in the routine maintenance of other refinery equipment.
The Opportunity :
• Industrial Instrument Technician at a Growth-Oriented Energy Company
• Enjoy plenty of opportunity for career growth.
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Industrial Instrument Technician opportunity, you will have:
• At least three (3) years’ experience and journeyman skill level in instrument troubleshooting and repair, including both pneumatic and electronic instruments in an industrial maintenance environment. In-depth experience with distributed digital control systems required.
• Experience in repair, calibration and troubleshooting of gas analyzers a plus.
• Experience and ability to demonstrate journeyman skill level in a second craft within six months of hiring.
• Ability and willingness to develop usable skill level in a third craft area prior to final qualification as “A” Mechanic.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, circuit diagrams, and loop diagrams.
• High School diploma or equivalent. Tech school diploma highly desirable.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More Good Reasons to work for Par:
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific -- a niche player in the energy space that operates in logistically complex markets. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals that love to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in.
Location, location, location:
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you'll work is in the Tacoma, WA, it's a vibrant area of the city with plenty of places for lunch or to wind down after work with plenty of beautiful scenery to explore.
Opportunistic growth strategy:
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more.
Keys to Success:
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude. Candidates should have a natural thirst for knowledge and curiosity to drive personal and professional development.
In addition, in order to be a successful Industrial Instrument Technician you will have:
• Ability and willingness to do outside work in all weather with considerable climbing. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.
• Ability and willingness to do work in confined spaces when required.
• Willingness to do rotation shift work and a fair share of overtime when it occurs.
• Willingness to do marine vessel mooring activities including deployment of boom, mooring lines and connect/disconnect of loading hoses.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's strategy is to identify, acquire and operate energy and infrastructure businesses with attractive competitive positions. We own and operate refineries in Hawaii, Washington and Wyoming, with total operating throughput capacity of over 150 Mbpd. We own and operate one of the largest energy infrastructure networks in Hawaii with a logistics network supplying the major islands of the state. In Wyoming, Par Pacific owns a refinery and associated logistics network in a niche market. We operate 123 fuel retail outlets in Hawaii, Washington, and Idaho. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the trading symbol "PARR".
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Email: Jennifer Hipp
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Please send cover letter and resume to: JHipp@parpacific.com
Base Pay: $42.21 HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903