Employer: Toppenish Medical-Dental Clinic
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment.
The Patient Benefits Coordinator serves as a liaison between the patient and the external billing and insurance agencies. This position is responsible for assisting patients with obtaining health insurance coverage, submitting insurance claims, and following up on account receivables.
• Education: High School Diploma or GED is required. Associate's Degree or Certificate from an Accredited Technical School is preferred.
• Experience: 1 year of experience with billing credit and/or patient benefits, preferably in a medical office. Experience in special programs such as State managed care plans is preferred.
• Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Pass state and federal/or other required certification exam within 30 days of hire.
• Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Previous experience using medical terminology or wiliness to learn; Bilingual English/Spanish with demonstrated ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to build effective relationships and interact with the patients, providers, and staff in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with computer programs including Electronic Medical Records, Word and Excel. Knowledge of medical billing insurance desired.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC:
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
• We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
• We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
• We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
• We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
• We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
• We will let joy in.
• We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/LYnNM4fGjm7YCNXQIZaQR
Contact Person: Human Resources
Location: Toppenish, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903