Employer: United Western Technologies Corp
EDM Machine Operator:
SUMMARY: Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, numerical control (NC) and computer numerical control (CNC) machines to fabricate simulated defects in metallic machines parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawing, manuals and specifications, to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
• Measures, marks, and scribes’ dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
• Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, and accessories.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
• Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
• Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
• Tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance, develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
• Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
• Ability to multi-task
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be able to multi-task, and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform as an electro discharge machine (EDM) operator. Qualified candidate must have the ability to program CNC machinery. Machinery includes sinker and wire machines.
Education and/or Experience
• Two-year college or machining program certificate desired, but not necessary. However, some math skills are required. Will train the right person.
• Salary DOE with an excellent benefit package offered. UniWest is an EEO employer and encourages anyone interested to apply.
Contact Person: Kirsten Hendry
Location: Kennewick, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903