Employer: United Western Technologies Corp
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, numerical control (NC), computer numerical control (CNC) machines, machining centers to fabricate metallic and
non-metallic parts by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawing, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
• Measures, marks, and scribes’ dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
• Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and shapers.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
• Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
• Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
• Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
• Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
• Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment.
• Tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
• Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
• Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidate must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Other Qualifications-Ability to program CNC (computer numerical control) machinery by using CAD/CAM software. Machinery includes, turning centers, EDM machines and 4-axis mill. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Two-year college or university program certificate and one to two years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary DOE with an excellent benefit package offered. UniWest is an EEO employer and encourages anyone interested to apply.
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with both hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include adequate close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Contact Person: Kirsten Hendry
Location: Kennewick, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903