Employer: Alta Forest Products LLC
IT Help Desk Technician - Longview, WA
Salary: $18 - $37 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Number of hires for this role: 1
- US work authorization (Required)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Full Job Description
- Alta Forest Products is the world's largest producer of wood fence boards, specializing in Western Red Cedar and other premium species found in the Pacific and Inland Northwest forests. In addition to producing fence boards and pallet stock lumber, Alta's zero-wood-waste sawmills produce by-products such as wood chips, sawdust, mulch and bio-fuel.
- Headquartered in centrally-located Chehalis, Washington, Alta operates fence board sawmills in four other rural communities in the region: Morton, WA; Shelton, WA; Amanda Park, WA, and Naples, ID.
- The Automation Technician is responsible for ensuring that all automation programs and controls (PLCs, programming, software, and related field devices) are in proper working order for the support of mill operations.
- The individual in this position will report to the IT & Sawmill Technologies Manager and is responsible for a number of specific tasks but not limited to the outlined below
Initiates/Develops/Manages automation programs across the company
Provides expert consultation in multiple areas for the design, development, and implementation of automated equipment and systems
Ensures that safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
Provides strong customer service to mill workers, vendors, and contractors
Develops breakthrough solutions to improve the efficiency of operations through the application of automation technologies
Performs analysis for all projects, includes financial, operational, and technical analysis
Develops process methods and controls to meet quality standards
Develops, writes, implements, submits and/or presents various technical reports in support of cost reduction and operational efficiency improvements
Oversees capital management for all automation programs/projects
Prepares standard work and training protocol for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and systems installed
Troubleshoots mechanical, electrical, and process issues and provides technical leadership and training to resolve issues
Provides vision, leadership and management of technology resources and projects
Leads technology strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals
Leads multiple projects, people, priorities, and tasks
Develops, maintains and communicates short, intermediate and long-term technology plans
Maintains and monitors security measures, training, and procedures
4+ years of industry experience. In-depth knowledge of PLC’s included related programming, software, field devices, and industry-standard computer systems.
Must have basic understanding of IP networking including IP subnets, VLANs and IP routing
The ability to comprehend electrical, network and logic flow diagrams is required.
Strong mathematical skills, proficient in calculating percentages, discounts, interest, area and volume.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to troubleshoot in both an office and industrial environment.
Ability to quickly interpret, analyze and report data. Will be required to conduct tests and simulations, logging detailed information.
Ability to communicate both written and verbally across all levels of employees in an effective and concise manner. Strong electronic communications skills required.
Ensure that safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner
This role will operate in both a professional office and sawmill sites. While performing the duties of this job, employees may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions and moving mechanical components.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers, and co-workers.
- This position requires the occasional use of basic hand tools
- This position frequently requires standing, sitting, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally be required to lift, carry, push, pull, climb or crawl.
This is a full-time position, Monday, through Friday. Occasional weekend or overtime work may be required as projects or job duties demand. This position will support multiple mill sites, requiring some travel.
- Please send resumes to JOBS@ALTAFP. com and reference job title in the subject line
- Alta Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer. It considers all applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, disability, marital status, familial status, age, sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Small company, big opportunity! Growing & investing in employees and mills, Alta aims to be an industry leader in both product quality and employee experience.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $18.00 - $37.00 per hour
Paid time off
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Education: Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple locations
Work Remotely: No
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Location: Longview, WA
Application Method: Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903