Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Part-time Associate Instructor Electrical Technology Program:
Important Note: As mandated by Governor Inslee's Proclamation on August 18, 2021, all employees engaging in work at Perry Technical Institute are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before October 18, 2021. Proof of vaccination will be verified by the Human Resources Office after an employment offer has been extended and accepted. Please reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need information on a medical or religious accommodation.
PART-TIME ASSOCIATE INSTRUCTOR
ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
This is a temporary, part-time, hourly position in the Electrical Technology Department. This position will report to the Electrical Technology Department Head.
Under the direction of the Electrical Technology Department Head, the Electrical Technology Associate Instructor is responsible for inventory levels, materials/consumables acquisition and lab setup.
- Duties are performed in an electrical lab setting. Working effectively and collaboratively in a team environment is a must. Working conditions will often match industry as follows:
- Career and technical educators will spend time supervising students in a simulated lab environment. [Electricians] occasionally work in cramped spaces. The long periods of standing and kneeling can be tiring. Electricians may be exposed to dirt, dust, debris, or fumes.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Career and Technical Education Teachers, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/career-and-technical-education-teachers.htm (visited July 12, 2020). https://www.bls.gov/ooh/construction-and-extraction/electricians.htm#tab-3 (visited December 3, 2020).
- This is a non-exempt, part-time, regular position. Overtime may be required as necessary. The typical schedule for this position is:
- 24 hours per week, Monday – Thursday (10:00am - 4:30pm with ½ hour lunch)
- WAGE RANGE: DOQ
- We offer paid sick leave, vacation, 11 paid holidays, employee assistance plan, 4-day workweeks and more.
Three (3) years of related practical work experience working in the electrical industry.
Ability to communicate effectively and to interface with students and staff in a professional, approachable manner.
Will on occasion be required to drive on behalf of Perry Technical Institute. Employee must possess a working vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and produce proof of insurance.
Must be willing to consent to a drug test.
General journeyman electrician certification - Must qualify to work in ALL types (specialties) of electrical work.
Excellent lecture skills.
Previous residential electrical experience.
Ability to integrate industry scenarios and role playing into instruction.
Ability to contribute to curriculum development and skilled at bringing the business community to the classroom.
Extensive National Electrical Code knowledge.
General industry knowledge and skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Support the primary instructor by delivering instruction of Electrical Technology Curriculum (go to www.perrytech.edu for course descriptions).
Troubleshoot problems in the lab environment.
Supervise hands-on activities in the lab environment.
Remain current in industry through continued education.
Must be able to identify safety hazards and make recommendations on their avoidance.
Coordinate purchasing of supplies, consumables, job materials with the Department Head.
Assist instructors with lab and demonstration setup.
Any additional tasks as directed by the Department Head.
Other duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=28510&clientkey=82B497C78D856557AF696B0975762145
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903