Employer: Yakama Nation Housing Authority
YAKAMA NATION HOUSING AUTHORITY
611 South Camas Avenue P. O. Box 156 Wapato, WA 98951
Phone (509) 877-6171 Fax (509) 877-7830
Accounts Payable Technician:
Job Announcement #2021-16
Salary: DOQ (DOQ) Opening Date: September 9, 2021
Status: Temporary Worker 90 days Closing Date: until filled
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Accounts Payable Technician’s primary function is to process invoices in an accurate and timely manner for payments in accordance with YNHA Policies and procedures.
Supervisory Relationships: The Accounts Payable Technician receives direction from, is supervised by, and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Work Hours & Days:
Regular work hours at YNHA 8:00 a.m. to noon and 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Employees receive one-half hour unpaid lunch. Overtime as needed.
Work Environment: The employee’s work is primarily in-office, the employee may be exposed to extreme weather and to usual hazards associated with housing developments. Sitting, stooping, walking, standing, and lifting or moving up to 25 pounds. Extensive computer usage required.
Standards of Performance: The individual displays a positive attitude and maintains a cooperative working relationship with immediate supervisor, managers, others employees, Deputy Director and the Executive Director. The individual performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner according to established schedules, procedures, and polices. The individual demonstrates good judgment and suitably reports problems to the immediate supervisor.
• Enters payables into general ledger promptly.
• Checks that invoices submitted for payment are matched with purchase orders and receiving documents, the payment is coded and all the approvals have been obtained. The incumbent works with individual departments to ensure completeness of documentation and the payments to vendors are not delayed unnecessarily.
• Maintains contract files and paid bill files in an orderly fashion..
• Works with vendors, as needed.
• Process, prepares accounts payable for mailing.
• W-9 filings/1099 year-end processing.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel) and QuickBooks. Able to operate basic office equipment including a calculator.
• Safeguards check stock and sensitive propriety information.
• Maintains highest ethical standards in all job functions.
• Cross train in other accounting duties as necessary.
• Continually educates herself/himself on all procurement and accounting requirements and in other relevant YNHA matters. • Performs a variety of other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of accounts payable and practice. Knowledge of bookkeeping.
• Knowledge of standard office practices, methods and equipment.
• Knowledge of fiscal policies and procedures applicable to the area of assignment.
• Ability to make arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately.
• Ability to apply bookkeeping principles to the maintenance of routine fiscal and accounting records.
• Ability to maintain detailed records of accounting transactions.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to learn the operation of calculators, computer terminals and other standard office and accounting machines for which no significant previous training is needed.
• Ability to work well with vendors and other YNHA staff members.
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential data, which if disclosed might have adverse internal/and or minor external effect.
• High School Diploma or GED
• One year of experience in bookkeeping or related field.
• Proficiency with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Additional Requirement: Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted Driver’s License. Be insurable and qualify to drive through YNHA’s vehicle insurance provider throughout employment.
Background Check: Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Application Process: Submit a current Yakama Nation Housing Authority Employment Application to the receptionist/staff person at the front desk: 611 S. Camas Ave., Wapato, WA. Employment application will be date stamped and accepted during limited business hours and must be completed entirely. You can also drop your application off in the black drop box.
By fax: (509) 877-6317. Faxed or emailed applications require the original application to be mailed.
Application Note: Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application. Failure to complete all fields of the "Employment Background" section of the application will result in an incomplete application. INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered. You can also fill out an application online at www.ynha.org/employment.
** Reminder: Application must be complete and date stamped by the receptionist and/or staff person at the front desk in the YNHA Office at 611 S. Camas Avenue, Wapato, WA., by the closing date as indicated at the top of the announcement. Applications received after posted deadline will not be considered.
** Indicate Job Announcement Number on YNHA employment application.
Tribal Preference: In accordance with Section 101(k) of NAHASDA, Yakama Nation Housing Authority applies Yakama Tribal preference in employment, as established by Resolution GC-05-2012 of the Yakama Nation General Council.
Veteran’s Preference: In accordance with the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistant Act of 1974, YNHA gives Veteran’s Preference for Employment. Attach a DD-214 for verification.
Immigration: Upon gaining employment with the Yakama Nation Housing Authority, you will be required to complete an I-9 form to determine employment eligibility. This will certify that you are a citizen or national of the United States, a Lawful Permanent Resident or an alien authorized to work.
Pre-Employment: The Yakama Nation Housing Authority has a “Drug Free Workplace Policy.” An Employee Alcohol and Drug Free Evaluation Test (EADFET,) a criminal background check and a full credit report are required before any employment offer is to be made. All housing employees are subject to random drug testing pursuant to the YNHA Personnel Policies Manual.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide sufficient evidence to show they fully meet the qualification requirements.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact YNHA Human Resources at (509) 877-6171, ext. 1102
Contact Person: Crystal Sampson
Phone: 509-877-6171 ext. 1024
Location: Wapato, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903