Employer: Yakama Nation Housing Authority
YAKAMA NATION HOUSING AUTHORITY
SPECIAL PROJECT ADMIN ASSIST ANT
TAX CREDIT PROJECTS
SPECIAL PROJECTS MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
PAY RANGE: $22-$25
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The purpose of the position is to assist the Special Project Manager oversee the day to
day accounting project financials as well as special projects as assigned by the Supervisor.
All accounting tasks are performed according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP) and in compliance with pronouncements of the Governmental Accounting
Standards Board (GASS) and Office of Management and Budget (0MB) Circulars. The
class works within a general outline of duties to be performed to develop work methods
according to the specific terms and conditions of a grant or contract, under supervision of
the Project Manager.
Responsibilities require employee to follow;
• YNHA programs listed "Common Duties,"
• Department programs listed "Essential Tasks"
• Job description listed "Supervision Duties"
- Read and comply with all appropriate construction building standards &
- Procurement policy and YNHA policy and procedures; e.g., Personnel Policy
- Manual, Company Vehicle Policy, Financial Administration Policy and
- Procedures, Internal Department and Program guidelines, etc.
- Work cooperatively with all YNHA employees or those associated with the Tribe.
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to support all subordinate activities.
- Travel to and from other offices locations & construction project site.
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to support YNHA goals and objectives.
- The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this
position. Management may assign tasks related to the type of work of the position as
- Process journal entries, maintain, and reconcile the general and job cost ledgers in
accordance to GAAP; set up and maintain inventory database.
- Oversee respective project cash accounts and cash positions.
- Meet with Contractors and Managers weekly; review billing; review schedules; review
project budgets, review changes orders.
ESSENTIAL TASKS CONTINUED:
- Process billings, vendor invoices; Resolve accounting discrepancies and
irregularities in a timely manner. Call various suppliers, vendors for cost estimation to
prepare purchase orders
- Able to monitor multiple vendor files for follow up & delivery.
- Assist in writing IFB and RFP and contracts.
- Oversee payables for respective projects processed through AP and control timing of
- Review Job Costs Reports to ensure billings are current; make month end project
adjustments based on cost to complete estimates.
- Review project labor and expense charges with Project Manager for accuracy and
- Analyze projects; generate job costing reports to provide meaningful input to project manager;
will assist in determining the operating net costs of houses and projects.
- Monitor and support monthly requirements including month-end close; produce monthly
financials and review with Project Manager, Executive Director and CFO to review business.
- Provide technical support and information to others and to external auditors; assist with
year-end tax and insurance audit process.
- Option to attend Manager Meetings to exchange information; may attend technical or
professional classes, seminars, or conferences to improve technical or professional skills.
- Prepare for, and coordinate, all funding agencies onsite reviews. Perform other duties as
- Have a monthly update report on project, hours and cost throughout duration of construction.
- Must be able to coordinate work force with YN Tribal Employment Rights office (TERO)
- Must be able to track sub-contractors delivery, work schedule and budget(s) in accordance to
- Must be able to communicate effectively and coordinate with funding partners on all aspects
of construction development.
- Must be able to enter billing information into YNHA billing system/software in a timely manner.
Must ensure monthly pay requests from subcontractors & architects are accurate.
- Must follow~up on work orders and coded correctly to right project funding source
- Must ensure all projects close out processes completed by deadline(s.)
INVOLVEMENT WITH DATA, PEOPLE:
DATA INVOLVEMENT: Requires gathering, organizing, analyzing, examining, or evaluating
data or information and may prescribe action based on such data or information. A working
knowledge of Excel is therefore required. Preparing graphs and charts required.
PEOPLE INVOLVEMENT: May require supervising or leading others as assigned.
REQUIREMENT§: Requires performing skilled work involving
rules/systems with constant problem solving.
MATHEMATICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires mathematics involving the practical
application of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions or measurements; may use
algebraic solutions of equations and inequalities, and/or statistics applying such functions as
frequency, distribution, reliability, validity, and correlation techniques.
LANGUAG; REQUIREMENTS: Requires reading technical instructions, procedures manuals,
and charts to solve practical problems such as office equipment operating instructions or
methods and procedures for investigations into accounting discrepancies; composing routine
or specialized reports, forms, or business letters with proper format; speaking compound
sentences using normal grammar and word form.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires professional level work requiring the application of
accounting methods in the solution of accounting problems; requires extensive
understanding of operating policies and procedures and ability to apply these to complex
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQVIBl;MENT§: Requires light work that involves walking or
standing much of the time, exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a recurring basis, and skill,
adeptness and speed in the use of fingers, hands or limbs on repetitive operation of electronic
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: The job risks exposure to environmental hazards,
SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision,
hearing, speaking, and color perception.
JUDGMENTS AND Dl;CISIONS: Requires being responsible for the actions of others,
requiring the development of procedures and constant decisions affecting subordinate workers
and customers; works in a very fluid environment with guidelines, but significant variations from
VQCATIQNAL/EDUCAJIONAL ANP EXPERIENCE PBEPARAJION
YQCAIIQNALIEPVCAIIQNAb PREPARATION; Associates Degree in Accounting or
Business (preferred) AND/OR education, training and prior work experience that would provide
the equivalent knowledge and experience base to successfully perform the tasks associated
with this job.
SPECIAL GEBJIEICATIONS AND LICENSES: Requires a valid driver's license with the
ability to be insured under the YNHA's policy throughout duration of YNHA employment.
l;~Pl;RlENCI; REOU!REMENJS: Requires three (3) years' experience in general accounting,
Administrative Assistance, budgeting and spreadsheet creation (Construction Accounting
preferred). One (1) year of supervisory experience preferred. Must be computer-literate, with
proficiency in using a personal computer to develop, analyze and report on financial data;
including proficiency in Microsoft software- Excel, Word, publisher QuickBooks, MIP software
and ADP payroll software for timekeeping. Knowledge of construction trade vocabulary not
required but desirable. Required to conduct onsite wage survey to compare to minimum wages
paid in area of construction.
The Yakama Nation Housing Authority has a "Drug Free Workplace Policy". All employees
are subject to pre-employment, random drug tests and to tests when the use of alcohol or
drugs in the workplace is suspected.
lt:.IDIAN PREFl;;RENCE PQLICY
In accordance with Section 101 (k) of NAHAS DA, Yakama Nation Housing Authority applies
Indian preference in employment, as established by Resolution GC-05- 2012 of the Yakama
Nation General Council.
Contact Person: Crystal Sampson
Phone: 509-877-6171 Ext 1024
Location: Wapato, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $22-25 HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903