Employer: Mount Adams Fruit
Maintenance Mechanic -
Under direction of Plant Maintenance Manager, the Production Line Mechanic is responsible to maintain all equipment for the pear, apple and cherry lines. The mechanic will also do electrical and refrigeration maintenance when needed. This position will be required to conduct all phases of mechanical maintenance as a single mechanic and as a part of a greater maintenance team. This position is critical to the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
● Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs.
● Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action.
● Performs equipment correction and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
● Review production schedule and when equipment is not scheduled for manufacturing, changes over equipment for different varieties of fruit being ran.
● Tests equipment to check operation. Tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
● Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to the superintendent and takes appropriate action.
● Notifies Superintendent of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
● Instructs and directs any maintenance subordinates assigned.
● Oils and greases all packaging equipment
● Be proficient in all phases of welding.
● Be proficient in electrical work.
● Be proficient in hydraulics.
● Be proficient in operation of all machine shop equipment.
● Will wear all personal protection equipment (PPE) as necessary and required.
● Will comply with all OSHA laws governing workplace safety and health.
● Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and up to 7 days a week as necessary.
- Must have good communication skills oral and written in English. Spanish and English speaking ability is a plus.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Be willing to assist other maintenance areas at the facility such as the apple line, cherry line and refrigeration when needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a High School Diploma, G.E.D., trade school certification or equivalent skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Full medical benefits, 401k with a 4% match and vacation available for qualifying employees.
Pay: Starting at $20.00 - $22.00 per hour depending on experience
Contact Person: Troy Frostad
Location: Bingen, WA
Application Method: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: $20 - $22 HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903