Employer: Linde, Inc
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
Linde is seeking an Instrumentation Site Services Technician to join the team in the Hillsboro, OR area.
Purpose of the position:
This role will provide technical execution of installation, maintenance, repair, commissioning and troubleshooting tasks on site services equipment to include but not limited to liquid and gas storage vessels, vaporization systems, trailers, cylinders, gas purifiers, gas analyzers and sampling cabinets, filtration systems, pipelines, valve skids and instrumentation/control systems.
This role will report to the area site services supervisor and conduct service tasks at customer sites.
- Understand and adhere to company, customer and regulatory safety work policies and operating practices. Report safety incidents and near misses.
- Effectively operate, maintain, troubleshoot and commission gas delivery systems.
- Read and maintain P&IDs and schematic wiring diagrams in compliance with both company and customer SOP’s, QA, and MOC policies.
- Maintain and troubleshoot industrial instruments and analyzers including transmitters, PLC systems, meters, gas purifiers and automatic valves.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment (<600V).
- Coordinate scheduling of planned or requested maintenance and procurement of materials.
- Perform lock-out tag-out, correctly and safely permit maintenance work, and oversee contractors as necessary.
- Understand Process Loop interaction and impact on the process. Propose, prepare and execute projects to improve availability and reliability.
- Knowledgeable of ultra-high purity delivery and control systems. Daily customer engagement is needed. Compliance Trainings at customer sites must be completed to obtain and maintain access badges.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. The job requires a rotating on-call status. Some overtime, holiday, and afterhours work will be required. Employee must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding and man-lifts. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships both internally and externally with customers and contractors. Attention to detail is a must.
Contact Person: Erica Christophe
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $25-35/hour based on experience
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903